VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Although Pink Taco's Facebook page was offline Friday, the Century City restaurant still had a presence on the social media website.

The Facebook group "Boycott Pink Taco Century City" earned its 1,000th member around 10 a.m. Friday.

The controversy centers on a donkey that was painted pink as part of a Cinco de Mayo promotion. According to the Facebook group's description, "These people spray painted a donkey and tied him to a post in 90-degree heat. This is not OK. Please boycott this restaurant." The restaurant had at least one similar promotion, seen in this YouTube video posted July 31, 2007.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/121398389.html

·
Ankle Biter
18,427 Posts
Gosh - they really painted that poor donkey. I hope they lose a lot of business of this stupid "promotion".
I "liked" the group advocating boycott on FB.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I'm sure most of the FB people complaining about animal cruelty are meat eaters.
One of the reasons I stopped eating meat is because I felt like I was being a hypocrite saying how much I love animals, yet eating them.

I feel bad for the donkey

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

yeah, there's been a lot of uproar over it here.

I don't need to worry about boycotting the restaurant - I would never eat somplace called "Pink Taco"
Seriously, how did they think that name was a good idea? The last thing a restaurant needs is for people to be imagining pubes in their food

·
Unintentionally Kittened
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Seriously, how did they think that name was a good idea? The last thing a restaurant needs is for people to be imagining pubes in their food

the thread title put some weird thoughts into my head

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.