VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever notice that there seems to be a type of pie for EVERYTHING...? Well I got to thinking about it today and wondered.. how many types of pie can we name as a group????

I'll start..

Banana pie!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I've never had sweet potato pie. I understand it's a Southern delicacy. Is it something I should try?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet potato pie.. hmmm that sounds interesting. I will have to search a recipe out for that. I love sweet potato!

Um.. how about.. KEY LIME PIE!! YUM

·
Registered
292 Posts
wow banana pie sounds awesome! (recipe, anyone?!?!)

Here in scotland we have macaroni-cheese pies! (I've never had one even when I wasn't vegan) :vomit:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Shepherd pie

Mince pie

Vegetable pot-pie

Coconut cream pie (need to find a vegan version of this!)

Chocolate merengue pie (need a vegan version of this too)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Peach pie

Just plain rhubarb pie

pecan pie (I've seen vegan, eggless versions of this)

blueberry pie (a bit too bland for my tastes)

Someone mentioned mince... it's good, but you have to watch out for suet, which is included in some fillings (they aren't kidding when they call it mince meat)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I remember the mince pies my family used to make from my omni days, and I don't remember being able to taste the meat because of the dried fruit, sugar, and strong spices. I don't know why the stuff was ever added to it. The egg in pecan pie at least serves some sort of purpose in giving the filling texture, although I'm sure blended silken tofu would be just as good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How about crumbles/crisps? Do they count as pie? Because peach crumble is about the yummiest pie-like product out there....

·
Registered
995 Posts
lentil and veggie pot pie.

Oh and for the record sweet potato pie is the BEST! specialy if it has a few roasted pecans over it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts