VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a quick shot of my dog Roman (on the left) running with his new foster sister Maggie through our back yard. My dog has seriously been needing a rough-and-tumble play buddy and Maggie fits the bill. She's a 15 month old mastiff/lab x and I just got her on Saturday. Fingers crossed that she finds a home soon! Although, I know Roman will miss her lots.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Dogs are so awesome how they get along so much more easily than cats. Those are some good pictures. I love the running one. They look like they are having fun.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Those dogs are having a blast! And good for you for fostering! I have fostered, too, and it's hard to say good-bye to a dog who has lived with you. But it's a great feeling to know you've helped one get a good home.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Dogs are so awesome how they get along so much more easily than cats.
You haven't met my girls.

Maggie is adorable. She really has the mastiff head.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! She really did fit in so well and soooo fast!! It will be hard to say good bye. But, that leaves the door open for the next one.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, that's the pitfall of fostering. But right now I am at my financial limit with 4 dogs and 4 cats of my own. Maggie's financial/medical needs are met through the non-profit. So we get the fun stuff (playing, cuddling, etc) with no financial burden. She'll go to a great home someday and then I'll take in the next homeless pet. It's all very bittersweet (as all the fosters know). We will all definitely miss her but her adoption opens the door for the next new friend!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts