VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, while in bed, the middle toe nail on my foot came off.<br><br><br><br>
I know that sounds gross, but I'm worried that it might be because of my vegetarianism.<br><br><br><br>
Help?

11,550 Posts
in my completely non expert non medically trained opinion, i don't think its any more likely to be caused by vegetarianism than anything else... unless you're on some stupid 'i only eat carrots and feel amazing!!!111' diet, or something like that.<br><br><br><br>
did you whack/stub/injure your toe at all in the last couple weeks (months even)? are your shoes too tight and rubbing on the skin where the nail meets the toe? have you got frostbite (i guess you'd know that!)? have you got a fungal or bacterial foot infection? did your toenail get too long and catch on something? those are things that the internet says can contribute to random- toenail- falling- off- ism.<br><br><br><br>
have you taken your poor toe to the doctor for a professional assessment? i would. he/she'll maybe just tell you to put an antibiotic cream and bandage on it, but its still worth going, incase you have some weird illness which might cause other bits to start dropping off.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
That happened to two of my toenails (on opposite feet) when I was a kid. I wasn't vegetarian at the time. They grew back just fine, but it might be worth seeing a doctor about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts