VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
courttv?

If you expect any of us to consider the story as anything credible, can't you at least cite a reference from blackhelicopters.com or cattlemutilations.org?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Ditto.

Court TV may be sensationalistic at times, but they still cover actual court cases. Besides, as demonstrated above, this has been in the news several times. I read about it in the Washington Post.

There's definitely some hypocrisy there, if not outright deception. I for one, believe those who said they thought PETA was going to find homes for their animals.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nigel, I don't understand your response....

Anyway, I am confused as to why PETA employees who don't seem to be licensed vets had access to equipment for euthanasia? It's odd to me that only two people could be responsible for euthanizing that many animals without anyone else noticing...

Maybe something is missing from the story?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheesaidshe View Post

Anyway, I am confused as to why PETA employees who don't seem to be licensed vets had access to equipment for euthanasia? It's odd to me that only two people could be responsible for euthanizing that many animals without anyone else noticing...

Maybe something is missing from the story?
I think you are missing something from the store. PETA was aware that the two employees were euthanizing animals. PETA instructed them to euthanize animals.

What was illegal, and what PETA is claiming they had no knowledge of, was dumping the bodies in the dumpster behind the Piggly Wiggly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read a bunch of different articles about it, and I know the dumping was illegal, but noticed it was stressed that the shelters were upset because PETA claimed to want to place the animals in homes so I thought that was the focus.

"I think you are missing something from the store. "

y'know, this is pretty disappointing and makes me sad and upset. I come to this board mostly for understanding and definitely for support, not to be insulted.

If you read my post, I mentioned that I was confused. So if I didn't understand something in the article, it wasn't because i wasn't trying.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
If it's true they were deceiving people, I find that highly distrubing.

Also their euthaniasisa sp? rates seem out of line.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Whatever the facts of the case may be, one thing is certain - PETA needs to get out of direct "ending life" activities. Give grants to others who make these decisions, bring rescues to a middle man - or something. But this case proves that it just muddies their message and leaves them open for scrutiny if they or someone on their behalf is doing the procedure.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
While PETA euthanized a handfull of dogs and cats, ovo-vegetarians killed 9,000,000 baby chicks indirectly by supporting the egg industry last year.

guess we all have our vices...

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:

y'know, this is pretty disappointing and makes me sad and upset. I come to this board mostly for understanding and definitely for support, not to be insulted.
How did I insult you? I pointed out a way in which you were misunderstanding the news stories. If you find that insulting, read more carefully in the future.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Quote:

Just a comment about the source (sarcasm without a smilie) - I usually check with more reasonable websites before I get excited about a story.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

How did I insult you? I pointed out a way in which you were misunderstanding the news stories. If you find that insulting, read more carefully in the future.
The typo in your earlier post may have contributed to feeling insulted. "Missing something from the store" sounds like a slam against the op's intelligence. "Missing something from the story" however, merely suggests your caution above..to read more carefully.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

The typo in your earlier post may have contributed to feeling insulted. "Missing something from the store" sounds like a slam against the op's intelligence. "Missing something from the story" however, merely suggests your caution above..to read more carefully.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

good point, I've never heard "missing something from the store" before but I guess it is in the vein of "a ham sandwich short of a picnic" et al.

·
Registered
564 Posts
it just makes me mad that they animals dont have homes i mean its such a hard subject you now cause it would be hard to find a place fore all them which just sucks i wish there was some way for a happy ending to all animals lives

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"Just a comment about the source (sarcasm without a smilie) - I usually check with more reasonable websites before I get excited about a story."

Yes Nigel, I got the fact that you were being sarcastic, but didn't understand why? The website I quoted told the story the same way the others did. Also, I felt you were being unnecessarily sarcastic (it wasn't funny, and was just negative), therefore I didn't understand the point of your response.

If you feel that sites you frequent are "more reasonable" then why didn't you post some actual sites? Instead you just criticized without any construction. It just made me wonder why someone would take the time just to do something like that?

IAMJEN, thank you for your understanding. After having one negative post, I was quick to be sensitive about another, which turned out to be a typo. I realized this after I became upset and posted, but concluded that that person wasn't trying to be helpful anyway, when all I was asking for was clarity in understanding the whole story.

GEEZ!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts