Registered
4,337 Posts
All for the green!

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

I've never assumed that PETA's models were anything more than boobies-for-hire anyway.

The organisation has little integrity or respect anyway, I doubt this news will change many people's minds.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This just shows
1. Sex sells, whether it's dead animals or live ones.
2. What morals? It's all about the money

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

The organisation has little integrity or respect anyway, I doubt this news will change many people's minds.
Yep.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I don't think this is, as such, indicative of any selling of principles or any change. Many people who eat meat may object to some particular issues of animal welfare, like elephants in the circus, or puppy mills, or foie gras, or fur farming, despite the fact that they don't object to exploiting and abusing animals for other purposes. It's not a worldview that makes any sense, but that's what many people believe, and PETA uses that.

It would be a different issue if she had opposed fur coats and were now wearing one, as I think some PETA models have done. Because then it's a direct contradiction.

But I wonder what her being naked has to do with boycotting the circus. Oh, that's right, nothing whatsoever.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

But I wonder what her being naked has to do with boycotting the circus. Oh, that's right, nothing whatsoever.
You don't see the correlation? Boycott circuses and hot naked chicks will be yours. I can't believe you didn't get that message.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I don't think this is, as such, indicative of any selling of principles or any change. Many people who eat meat may object to some particular issues of animal welfare, like elephants in the circus, or puppy mills, or foie gras, or fur farming, despite the fact that they don't object to exploiting and abusing animals for other purposes. It's not a worldview that makes any sense, but that's what many people believe, and PETA uses that.

It would be a different issue if she had opposed fur coats and were now wearing one, as I think some PETA models have done. Because then it's a direct contradiction.

This.

I don't know how many of PETAs "celebs" are actually veg*n. It seems like not many, but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Yeah, I don't really get the big contradiction here.

She's against animal circuses. A lot of meat eaters are.

I think Bill Maher has done anti puppy mill ads. But for all I know he's a meat eater too.

When I've gone to anti fur protests I know that there have been meat eaters there. People can be against one form of animal exploitation and not another, or at least not enough to change their habits.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
its one thing to eat meat, it is quite another to promote it. I cant imagine I would have wanted to advertise meat even when I was an omni, whether I would be wearing a bikini in the ad or not.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
ok, so am I the only one that noticed that in the PETA ad she is looking pretty damn good, but in the ad with the burger in her hand, (still looking good) she seems to be a bit more on the pudgy side of things?

the two ads together are great, eat meat gain weight... LOL

oh, and the idea of the PETA models being naked is to accent the fact that they dont wear animal skins for clothing. And Im good with this,, really I am.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

ok, so am I the only one that noticed that in the PETA ad she is looking pretty damn good, but in the ad with the burger in her hand, (still looking good) she seems to be a bit more on the pudgy side of things?
What the hell is your definition of pudgy? She looks pretty lean in both ads.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

What the hell is your definition of pudgy? She looks pretty lean in both ads.
Dont get me wrong here but, look at her face, its more rounded, more meat on it, and she has a good start on some love handles. And yes, she is still pretty damn hot in both pictures.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
well, considereing that you can't see either of her sides while naked, she well could have had them just like the other picture, and I think the facial issue is all about the angle, and she's got her mouth open.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

Dont get me wrong here but, look at her face, its more rounded, more meat on it, and she has a good start on some love handles. And yes, she is still pretty damn hot in both pictures.
I don't think those are love handles. They're hips. We womenfolk have larger ones cuz we spew out babies. As for her face I don't see what you mean. Besides...I doubt she was a vegetarian when she shot that anti-circus ad

But hey, agree to disagree

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.