VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats your pet peeve of the day?

Today, mine is forcibly being involved with other people's personal affairs at work.

See, I'm the receptionist for a think tank. My job is to field all the incoming phone calls. It's mindless and often demeaning, but it pays the bills. I get a lot of wacko's that call too.

Anyhow, I also end up getting people's personal calls as well. Especially creditors. I hate that. I have enough problems with my own creditors, than to have to deal with OTHER people's crap.

Today, one of them called for a coworker who refused to take the call. Now, wtf am I supposed to do? The woman wanted to be put on hold, but I've got better things to do than to babysit her call thats never going to go through anyway. Anyway, she got hostile AT ME becuae she couldn't get through to this person, threatened to take it to her supervisors, than MY supervisors. I don't need this crap. It has nothing to do with me. I hate it.

So I had to write an e-mail to my coworker and, professionaly as possibly, ask her to please resolve the matter ASAP. Now SHE's gonna be pissy at me too.

Ugh. I don't need this!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
too funny--you gotta love people!!

her it is--so, i love to walk on the track at the health club. i walk very fast--about 5mph. on the wall above the track, the rules for using the track are clearly posted in no uncertain terms. one of the rules is that you are not allowed to walk next to someone (side by side). i understand that some like to use the health club as a social outlet and i truly have no problem with it. however, when people are walking side by side it leaves very little room for someone to pass. i do not want to bump into these people, and often times have to alter my pace just to accomodate their rule breaking behavior should i choose to pass. i know they would think i was rude if i bumped into them, and i sometimes have by accident. all i have to say is, if you cannot play by the rules STAY OF THE FREAKIN PLAYGROUND!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I live in townhouses. There are 12 altogether here.

All our mail boxes are side by side out the front.

I just moved in a couple of weks ago and I have finally realised we get an abnormal amount of junk mail every single day.

Almost every freakin' night when I get home and check the mail, there are phamplets for k-mart and Woolworths and all the other places just strewn all over the footpath in front of the mailboxes.

It's not like the wind just blows them out of the boxes. Mine is always there tucked neatly inside with the rest of my mail.

pet peeve of the day 1: People who just chuck their junk mail on the ground when they are getting their mail.

pet peeve of the day 2: Companies that distribute junk mail on NON recycled paper.

pet peeve of the day 3: The local free weekly paper, rain hail or shine is always distributed in a plastic bag.

I am going to; 1) ring the stupid plastic bag wasting free newspaper ppl; 2) Get in touch with the major phamplet ppl and find out just what needs to be done before they wil print on recycled paper; 3) stalk the mailboxes tomorrow.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh I hate that too. Is there anyway you can get a receptacle placed near the mailboxes so that they have a place to put their junkmail? Can you put up a notice?

DS (junkmail hater!)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine is coworkers who go home "sick" for the smallest ailment. "Papercut, have to go home." (Joking on that example.) But, close!

I am here if my legs will carry me. Wisdom teeth pulled, I was here the next day. Fever, I'm here. Quesy and on death's bed, here. (Some of that was supposed to be funny. But, I never use my sick days.)

ARG!!!!! Makes me want to
them!

Edit:

Have to add my biggest pet peeve of late. I can hear my neighbors "going at it". I need to take up a collection to buy them a new box spring. Any givers?

·
Banned
559 Posts
mine is simple and petty and i'm a chick and therefore i can ***** about it..my bf not returning my phone call yesterday. yeah yeah, it's never happened before and he's normally the best about that kinda stuff and i know everyone needs their damn alone time and **** (i know i do) but uh, why was it so f'in difficult to dial my number? huh huh? oh, he's goin' down! and to think i was going to be nice and go over to his house and do lame stuff like washing dishes and making the bed. pah!

·
Registered
260 Posts
The ironic thing is that the council here is **big*** on reduce reuse and recycle. This is the first community I have ever lived in where each house has 2 wheelie bins. 1 regular one with a green lid and 1 with a red lid. The red lid one also has a centre thing down the middle. Paper in the backhalf and plastics and glass in the front half. If you stuff it up 3 times you get a fine of about 50 bucks or something.

And still these ppl, with the adds on the tv everyday "Pizza boxes go in the back on the red bin!" and odd little cartoons in the free plastic bag wrapped newspaper of the stick figure guy depositing his coke bottle in the front of the red bin!

I probably couldn't put a sign up given rental reasons.

I did however make cozy with the neighbours when I moved in so they turned a blind eye to my cat and find out about how much sun we get in our courtyards for gardening in the summer and such. I'm just going to stalk them out tomorrow and pretend to check my mail everytime one of them goes out there and mention how I noticed that the "wind" had blown some of the junk mail on the ground and we really should make an effort to pick it up and chuck it in our red bins.

I would rather get junk mail filling up my email account then find it in the mail box, let alone the footpath!!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Oooh...good topic, Disgruntled Sheep (just not used to you being called Gruntled yet).

I, too, am a woman so I'm going to go down that path...my biggest pet peeve today is guys who freak out at the mention of any kind of female problems. I've got killer cramps today and a friend of mine at work wanted to know how I was so I told him I didn't feel well. Long story short, after he kept harping on it, I told him I had terrible awful cramps and he was like "I don't need to know that. Why'd you tell me that? Ewww!" Um, don't ask if you don't want the answer and my God! He's 23! He knows that women get their periods every month! Aaargh!

Ok, so it probably wouldn't upset me if it wasn't that time of the month (to utilize a stereotype).

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have three pet peeves of the day:

1. Crazy WACKO drivers on the freeway

2. Children who 1st don't pay attention and then whine when they 'don't get it' on the test.

3. My nehbors who smoke right outside my living room window and leave my apartment smelling like an ashtray.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainSwab

3. My nehbors who smoke right outside my living room window and leave my apartment smelling like an ashtray.
I hate that! I live on the third floor and the smoke drifts into my windows even. Even when they smoke in their apartments it drifts out of their windows and into mine. I sometimes have to keep my windows closed on the nicest days. They might as well keep theirs closed... it's not like they're enjoying the fresh air. Agh!

They should have nonsmoking buildings.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Well, right now my only peeve is that it is 6am, and I wasn't in the mood to get up this early..... but I have to drive into the city (60 to 90 minutes depending on the traffic).

But what REALLY burns me is that I just HAD to get online (and got to VB)...... BIG mistake, because there's catching up to do and I can't stay.

So that's my pet peeve for now (I have others but they have taken a back seat).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Okay... a few things for me.

1) My ex-boyfriend. The jerk keeps trying to get me to take him back, all the while he's telling people that I'm an over-sensitive wench and I need to grow up. He continually talks to one of my good friends and wrote a note to her saying he was going to steal my sketch/miscellaneous notebook and read it (which is a BAD things because I have a lot of different things for ME in there). And he's telling everyone that I stole his stupid Palm Pilot. I don't know WHY he thinks I'd do that, because I have one that's got a lot more gadgets on it, anyways. Oh, and since one of my sisters is mentally challenged, to help him try to understand while we were still together, I told him a lot about how I felt about her and such, and he's telling everyone now! Yet he's still trying to get me to like him... eugh.

2) Solicitors continually call when I tell them not to. They'll call and ask if my mom's there, and I'll say no. So they start up with telling me about their useless product and I set the phone in the other room. 5 minutes later I come back and their still asking if I'm there. So I proceed to take the phone in the bathroom and flush the toilet while holding the phone over it, then they ask if I'm okay. Can't they just get the picture? So I finally hang up and they call 30 seconds later. Idiots.

3) My mock trial group. I'm the head defense lawyer for this thing, and I'm working with a couple of the witnesses on what they're going to say to possible cross-examination questions, and they have no clue! They hardly even know their testimony... no idea what's going on. So I try to help them and push them in the right direction, but they just sit there and don't get it.

4) My sister, Talia. She'll bug me continually to play with her. Then she'll smack me with various objects and yell at me. Then she'll go and pick out treats to buy for me. I just don't get her. It's like she has split personalities! One minute she loves me and follows me around everywhere, the next she's biting my feet. I'm hoping that this is normal 5-year-old behavior, because it's gotten really annoying how she's a total light switch.

5) My DI team. We're going to state on Saturday this weekend, so we have our last practice before on Thursday night, so we're ordering pizza to eat. I'm vegetarian, so the cheese doesn't matter... but they always HAVE to put pepperoni or canadian bacon on it. It's fine if that's what they want to eat, but I had to pay $2 for my part of the pizzas, and I'd at least like to have something I could eat. That's what happened last time before regionals, and I'm going to be uber ticked off if it happens again.

Well, I think that's about it... for the moment anyways.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
okay, on the bus to university today, there were a bunch of extremly loud people getting ready to get drunk because it was the last day of classes. The bus was 15 minutes late and I was late for class. Then on the way home, the bus was way to hot and it got stuck in traffic and was 20 minutes late.

The main pet peevce is noisy peopel on a bus. The bus is the one time in my day when sleepign is the best use of my tiem and people take that away from me

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Biggest pet peeves:

1. Spam. Yes, its true, I suffer from spam rage. I would pay money to get five minutes alone with just one spammer in a dark alley to slap them around but good.

2. People who talk on the cell phones while driving, and not really paying attention to what they are doing.

3. Similar to #2, getting stuck behind some woman driver who is putting makeup/lipstick on using her rearview mirror.

4. The a$$wipe who scratched my truck in the mall parking lot and never bothered reporting it or leaving a number. People are such inconsiderate cowards sometimes.

5. The Mazda "zoom zoom" kid on the TV commercials.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1) the rust in the sink in science... i spent 20minutes scrubbing it, with jif, and hardly any change and now the teacher thinks im a real weirdo

2) i needa a friggen opperation (nothing magor but still sucks big time) and i said about it today, as i was away from school yesterday with bad period pain even tho i should be getting it as im on the pill for my endometrosis, which is what i need the op for... and my friend says "o yea i might need that too" o yes honey thats why you always come to school and look happy as can be when you get your periods (sorry guys i know you dont like to hear about that sort of thing)

3) the way my parents try to run my life.. every single thing, they have to ask my a billion questions about, im old enough to make my own decisions, and hey if i screw up ill learn from it... they need to let me make my own mistakes..... they are so controlling

4) the way my mum never listens to me.. Im not allowed to be vegan.. but im trying anyway so my mum asked what i want in my burger (i had falafel instead of meat) and i said anything apart from cheese or egg.... so she put cheese in it.. gr... i had to scrap it out....

5) everyone telling me i need to smash alexia or amy... i really want to.. but ill get in way to much trouble, if they want to see them bashed so much why dont they do it?? they know im not really a violent person.....

6) no ill just quit now....

*DaNNy!*

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

Biggest pet peeves:

2. People who talk on the cell phones while driving, and not really paying attention to what they are doing.

Oops.

(I do pay attention to what I'm doing while I talk.)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.