VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Baby Love
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the news today, I've been seeing blips about the pet food recall being expand to include some dry foods. I've been hearing things about wheat gluten, imported grains, plastic/melamine contamination, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the complete info with effected foods. Does anyone know where to find extended information on the dry pet food recall?

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=115845

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
i think they are still unsure right now how much and what all it will affect. you may want to check if your food has wheat gluten in it, since that seems to be the offending component (i.e. the contaminated one).

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I just took my cats off of anything with wheat gluten in it until this has all been sorted. My understanding is that they don't know where all the tainted gluten got to. I'm not messing around with my kitties.

I would contend that menu foods is probably not the best place to get accurate information about what is going on since they are a very biased source. I'd rather be safe than sorry, personally.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

I just took my cats off of anything with wheat gluten in it until this has all been sorted. My understanding is that they don't know where all the tainted gluten got to. I'm not messing around with my kitties.

I would contend that menu foods is probably not the best place to get accurate information about what is going on since they are a very biased source. I'd rather be safe than sorry, personally.
I figure the same thing. I'm staying away from wheat gluten. Especially since my brand was affected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.