VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have 1 cat now. She's been with me since she was a kitten and always had my older cat around.

I suppose the moping around will fade with time, as it does with humans? I've tried researching stuff to help her but I can't find anything written on this topic. She seems to only be satisfied sitting by me and is licking me a lot. There's someone home most of the time.

Secondly, how can I retrain her to understand she is the alpha cat now? My other cat was territorial about the litter box so this one would sometimes poop next to it. After the other cat died, she kept pooping next to the box. After a week, I cleaned everything well, changed to a new litter box and moved it a little to see if that would signal her to use it.

I followed her into the room and put her in it when she had to go, but she cried and just did what she wanted later. I also tried moving it to the box and showing her it was there. (Oh the crap we do for pets!) Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
She'll understand after a while that the other cat isn't there. You might want to put down another litterbox, in a different room, for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts