VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know mostly everyone here is vegetarian, but I don't wanna go that far. I know I can probably give up meat because I don't like the thought of killing animals so why do I eat them? Mainly because you are taught to eat them. Anyways, I know I CAN NOT give up fish. So does anyone have advice on how to start being a pescetarian? Like cookbooks, recipes, etc.
I really would like to try it out. Also advice on school food....

·
Registered
74 Posts
What's the point of pescetarianism? You are so close to lacto-ovo! I do not consider pescetarianism a form of vegetarianism.. fish is still meat. Anyways...

Quote:
Also advice on school food....
You're better off packing a lunch from home. If you are unable to do so, just load up on the fruits and veggies at school.. that's what I do when I eat a school lunch.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlgirl3 View Post

because i love fishies i might be able to when i get older but not right now
Do you love fishies or do you love how they taste? Just something to think about! Also, that is understandable, if you are living at home with your parent(s). It can be difficult for some to go vegetarian since they can't choose all the meals. Just remember that every little bit counts, for the animals.
One step at a time, if that's what works for you!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quote:

So I know mostly everyone here is vegetarian, but I don't wanna go that far. I know I can probably give up meat because I don't like the thought of killing animals so why do I eat them? Mainly because you are taught to eat them. Anyways, I know I CAN NOT give up fish. So does anyone have advice on how to start being a pescetarian? Like cookbooks, recipes, etc.
I really would like to try it out. Also advice on school food....
Have you talked to your parents about it, first? They may be willing to help you gather recipes and prepare meals.

Also, think about your health. Not only is a vegetarian diet less-cruel to animals, it can also be great for your health! Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i gata start making my own meals now
ill do that for the school ummm idk i guess i like both about the fishies but im trying to get into the career pf marine bilogy so yea i wanna stop sometime but right now im going slow

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:

yea i gata start making my own meals now
ill do that for the school ummm idk i guess i like both about the fishies but im trying to get into the career pf marine bilogy so yea i wanna stop sometime but right now im going slow
Well I think it's wonderful that you are interested in vegetarianism! Everyone moves at their own pace. Good luck with making your own meals and everything!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfurrymonster View Post

Have you talked to your parents about it, first? They may be willing to help you gather recipes and prepare meals.

Also, think about your health. Not only is a vegetarian diet less-cruel to animals, it can also be great for your health! Cheers.
yea i told my mom about like a couple of hours ago and she said i could try it plus i found like one health store by me that i wanna go check out

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Quote:

I know I can probably give up meat because I don't like the thought of killing animals so why do I eat them? Mainly because you are taught to eat them. Anyways, I know I CAN NOT give up fish.
You do know fish are animals, right?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok, I'm sure that they realize that fish are animals. Read the title of this topic, they're not claiming to be a vegetarian.

Maybe try getting some veggie cookbooks just for a basis? Just because you'll eat fish doesn't mean you'll eat it with every meal...so invest on some good veggie cookbooks! I can't really recommend any. I have one but I don't like it (they use too much cheese ^_^) but there are a lot of recipes online.

http://www.theveggietable.com/articles/veggie101.html

That website is helpful. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Welcome to VB!! I'm sure you'll find lots of information here to help you with your transition.

Could you do us a favor tho, and try to use clear punctuation and spelling? It just makes it easier for us to understand your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaybe View Post

Ok, I'm sure that they realize that fish are animals. Read the title of this topic, they're not claiming to be a vegetarian.

Maybe try getting some veggie cookbooks just for a basis? Just because you'll eat fish doesn't mean you'll eat it with every meal...so invest on some good veggie cookbooks! I can't really recommend any. I have one but I don't like it (they use too much cheese ^_^) but there are a lot of recipes online.

http://www.theveggietable.com/articles/veggie101.html

That website is helpful. Good luck!
Exactly. They said they want to give up eventually, but are taking it slow. It's better than just not being vegetarian at all!!

Pack lunch is the best & cheapest & you know exactly what you are eating. Keep at it kiddo x

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I did something similar before I became a vegetarian. I stopped eating beef, pork, etc (basically eerything but chicken and fish). I did that for a few months and found the actual transition into a meatless diet very easy. I also did what everyone here is suggesting and bought a veggie cookbook because I couldn't eat chicken with every meal and never really ate a whole lot of fish in the first place. Anyhow the phased approach worked well for me and I hope it does for you!

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I first started out, I was still eating fish too. I was worried about protein and Omega-3 and such, so I was a little hesitant about dropping fish out of my diet. My family would call me vegetarian, which is strange because really I was just someone with a certain meat preference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ate fish and not meat for many years until recently. I'd wanted to give it up but found it a regular part of my diet and resisted. This was until I read literature both about how thw fish suffer when caught and the toxins that are in them due to

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi ltlgirl3, I was eating fish and not meat for many years until very recently. I found it was a regular part of my diet and thought that it may restrict it by giving it up. Is this how you find it too?

But now I have read literature about how the fishies suffer when they are caught and also the toxins they contain which will go into your body when you eat them. That did it for me, I won't eat fish again.

·
Banned
4,482 Posts
A lot on the board went from red meat to white meats , some have all ready posted to your thread . In time it just happens , in there own way , they then went to veg/an...its a personal thing . Just take your time if you really enjoy fish , eat it .

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, if you enjoy fish, eat it. But if you find that you wanna do more, cut it out, but make sure that you read up on a vegetarian diet first and learn some good recipes so you'll know what to eat so you can get your nutrients.

If I spelt some words wrong, My dad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.