VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been vegan for three months and my last three periods have been different. I usually had it for 4 days, two days being heavy and the last 2 being light. Now I only get it for two days and very light and then it stops completely. I do get my period the day I'm supposed to, or a day after but I just think it's weird that it's so different. Do you think my eating habits have changed this? I'm not underweight or anything close to

xoxo

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi, Ill be curious to see what answers you get. I stopped eating meat about a month ago (yay!) and this week my period came 9 days early! I have started exercising more and the eating habit change sure could have thrown off horomones. I still thought it weird since my periods are usually every 27-28 days.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am not sure, but my best guess is that a change in diet can affect your cycle. You should talk to a doctor about it, though, and just let them know what's going on. They'll be able to tell you if it's a temporary change your body is going through, or if it's something more serious.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You getting enough calories since becomming vegan? I can't really answer from person experience since my periods have always been irregular(veg and not), but that could be a contributing factor. Definitly talk to your doctor and make an appt w/your OBGYN.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I don't think I have noticed much difference in my periods from when ate meat. However, when I was doing a 2-week cleanse eating only fruit, my period came early (at 28 days, instead of the usual cyle of 32-5 days), was lighter and I didn't experience any pain. It went back to 'normal' next month.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My cycle has been a little peculiar since becoming a vegan.

Up until last month, they were light and short, but this month I was 17 days late!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Girl View Post

My cycle is lighter and far less painful as a vegan.
i hear about a lot of woman going vegan and their cramps becoming much less painful, but for some reason mine seem to have gotten worse. i only really have one bad day, but....ugh it's disappointing.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
If you're not underweight and you're eating enough calories, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your periods go away completely. I had a period once where I just spotted for a day and I was concerned about it and my doctor told me that even if you just spot for a day or so, you're fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
When I went vegan I went from having a 6 day period that was very painful, almost unbearable, to having a 3 day period where only one day was heavy and only slightly painful. It makes sense that once you start feeding your body a healthy diet, your body will respond with a kindness of it's own

·
Registered
195 Posts
Amenhorreah(loss of periods, beginnings of it can be lighter, late periods) can be a symptom of anaemia, are you getting enough iron? If you feel any other symptoms of this(tired, pale, breathless etc) go see a doc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts