VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasnt sure where to post this, but figured its considered mental health, right?

Anyhow, my problem is that Im a perfectionist when it comes to some things. Its not that I mind being one, mostly because it allows me to know that I truly did do the best I could. However, after finishing an essay, which took me over 10 hours, and was written, rewritten, and then written again. I still think its a piece of crap, its not nearly good enough, and Im already freaking out that I may get a bad grade. I feel like submitting my exam without an essay, just because if it isnt perfect, then why bother even doing it at all? Its mostly all or nothing for me, there is no middle ground. My obsession over my grades is beginning to drain me mentally, emotionally, and I literally feel like screaming right now.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know how to become an un-perfectionist?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used my grades / "smarts" to get some "friends," in class, not that they were real friendships. That is, made it so that everyone wanted to be in my study group, and wanted to be on my team when playing games in History. However, now that I'm doing an internet based school, I find it hard to figure out why my obsession over grades and being the best is worsening, especially when I have no classmates to compare myself with, only a grade average, and a questionnaire I make my teachers fill out about how I rate to their other students.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts