VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Perfectionism is a dangerous trap. I have been one, and still fight the battle against it. However, I've learned to look outside of my own work/home/life, and see what I'm missing by being so incredibly focused on the seemingly important things - like did I make a typo on that letter I sent out, or did I research enough for that market analysis. What I have found is that it is important to remember is that we are all human, with frailties, and we all make mistakes. WE have the ability to forgive others for not being perfect, like our mates, our parents, our siblings, because we love them. So love and care for yourself, and forgive yourself for not being perfect and realize that you are not alone in this world. Be the best you that you can be, and remember, life is for living, not obsessing. It's ok to pat yourself on the back too!

You could spend 10 more hours on that essay, and at this point still not be satisfied with it, because your view of it is tainted. Back in the day, when I was in college, I sat down to an exam and wrote the shortest essay in a Political Theory class that I had to have to graduate. I got up, turned it in, walked out, and proceeded to kick my own butt for a week until the exam was retuned - I got the only A on the mid-term. Where am I going with this little story -- Trust yourself, relax, breathe.

As perfectionists, we are our own worst enemies.

That is my $.02

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just found a typo in my post - oh well.....

So appropriate that I should do that when responding to a perfectionist thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts