VeggieBoards banner

Pepsi & Coca-Cola contains Pork Extract ?

25K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Kula 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm curious. Did you read the articles you listed?

One of them goes to debunk the claims, saying: "Delhi University does not have a Dr. Mangoshada"

Another one makes other claims like "drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes instant death" and "This is not a surprise since the Coca-Cola, Pepsi producers are Israelis. i.e Zionists(jews), who would simply do anything on their part to destroy the peace loving muslims ...."

As far as I can tell, there's no study cited anywhere.

#4 ·
an extract from internation vegetarian union page http://www.ivu.org/faq/ingredients.html states:

Quote:
Recently, I learned that pepsin is a chemical which contains pig blood and is used in Pepsi Cola and Coca Cola. Is that true?

No, they originally did but don't now. Pepsi was named after pepsin. Although this is a common myth it is not true. Neither Pepsi nor Coca Cola contain pepsin.

#14 ·
Quote:
What's the point in drinking it anymore?
cos 'you can't beat the feeling' ?

*groans*

(flashback to 1988, folks, hehehehe)

yeah, erm, i can't think of one really.... those bubbles always did a number on my nose anyway.. nothing like fizzy nostrils to harsh your buzz.

sorry, my mistake, i see you said drinking it ... ahem.

i only ever really drank it cos a splash of it it made a mug of tia maria/malibu/vodkawhatever else was there for the drinkin' taste slightly less foul than it did neat.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Nothing like a little dose of ignoring that arabs are semites to go with your anti-anti-semitic-semitism
Sorry, you just proved Blue Straw right about ignorance on your part, by slinging an insult instead of addressing Blue's point. The writer of the original post used the arguement that Coke and Pepsi are Jewish products to support a ban, and to "prove" that there is pork in the products, conveniently forgetting that Jewish dietary law is almost identical to Muslim dietary law.

I joined this forum in part because I couldn't deal with the ignorance and attacks on other forums. This is very disappointing.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neggie View Post

Sorry, you just proved Blue Straw right about ignorance on your part, by slinging an insult instead of addressing Blue's point. The writer of the original post used the arguement that Coke and Pepsi are Jewish products to support a ban, and to "prove" that there is pork in the products, conveniently forgetting that Jewish dietary law is almost identical to Muslim dietary law.

I joined this forum in part because I couldn't deal with the ignorance and attacks on other forums. This is very disappointing.
You joined the wrong forum if you want to avoid ignorance.

What is anti-semitic about a muslim slandering a jew?

Jewish dietary law is no where near identical to muslim dietary law, btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.