VeggieBoards banner

People who smell like ham...

25K views 51 replies 34 participants last post by  JonTR22 
#1 ·
I've never really understood this, but I've noticed that some people smell somewhat like ham. I don't know if this is because they eat large quantities of pig, but from time to time (today for example) I've noticed this ham smell kind of seeping off people.

Any ideas? Thanks.

#4 ·
After posting discussion, I realised that it is even more obtuse sounding that I thought it was when I wrote it. So to try and figure this thing out alone I just turned to google, and it already links to this site. Weird. So remember people, whatever we come up with will basically be the definite answer to this question because it's already in google!

#10 ·
My uncles' dog smelled like beef or something once. And every time I touched him it would smell like it on my hands. So I'd wash my hands, sit back down, and he'd be all cute and jumping on me and wanting me to play with him. Then I smelled like it again.

Sorry I can't help you, though.

I do remember reading something about that, though, and actually not that long ago. It was about omnis/veg*ns, too. I can not remember where it was. :/

#13 ·
I'm interested too, because my boyfriend seriously smells like bologna (or hot dogs, they smell the same, and it's disgusting.) I spray him down with Axe cologne at least five times a day to cover it up.

#14 ·
Maybe, it's a genetic thing like Asparagus, where some folks detect an odor and others don't? I've met people I thought smelled like ham but apparently not everyone has.

Another food item that folks sometimes smell like to me is Doritos. And 'frito feet' has already been mentioned.

#15 ·
Yeah, I meet people who smell like Doritos. Not ham yet, but I've meet some Doritos people.

#19 ·
My dog had serious Frito feet. Could not understand how dirt, grass and dog spit came out to smell like that.
Glad to hear this from others! I've said it to people i know- some with dogs- and they didn't understand.

#23 ·
When I read this thread title, I got really worried. "There are people who smell like ham? I've never this subset of people who smell like ham. Maybe I haven't because I'm one of them?! OH NOES!!!"

But a lot of other people don't seem to be aware of this ham-smelling phenomenon. I think I'm safe.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty View Post

What are fritos? I wanna sniff my dogs feet

They're salty, fried corn chips. And yes, our chihuahua's feet (and sometimes tummy) smell like them.

I can't say I've met anyone who smells like ham, but I have (this is gross) been in men's rooms before when someone was pooping and it smelled exactly like hamburger or beef or bacon or something. It was among the most disgusting things I've ever smelled and it's happened more than once. Made me want to knock on the door and say "you might want to try a little variety in your diet."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.