VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting here and wondering things today (really I had recently got done in the shower, and was wrapped in a towel), and something hit me--why don't both men and women wear skirts (in the USA, any culture/religion/nationality/etc)?

Even though other items are unisex (more or less), skirts appear to be more unisex than not, and men even wrap things around them at times ("towel" making a "skirt").... so exactly why aren't they considered unisex?

I even remember my grandfather sitting with a towel in front of a fan--the towel used to cover up, to dry things off "down there".... which would almost make skirts seem almost more a man's thing than a woman's from functionality (although useful to both)... and not saying wearing something under wouldn't be a good idea, but I was just wondering.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
It's the work ethic. Pants are more suitable for labor. Skirts get caught up in machinery.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
We *just* had a thread about the supposed androgyny of skirts going here about three weeks ago!

·
Registered
908 Posts
In the German goth and metal scene, skirts for men have been spotted occasionally. The bassist of French band Kyo also occasionally wears one, matching his long hair and beard to complete his bad-assery. Very, very sexy.

Other than that, I once saw a guy in a simple mini skirt at the supermarket. When I asked him why, he said he just thinks it's practical sometimes. Told him it's awesome

edit: Couldn't find a pic of the bassist in his skirt, but this is the kind I'm talking about:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts