VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new vegetarian, and I'm thinking of going vegan but i dont think i can live without pasta, do they make pasta without egg? If you know anything, please tell me. It will influence my opinion strongly. Thanks! =]

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Most macaroni pasta (regular pasta in the boxes) is made without egg. Just read the ingredients. I was worried about this at first, too, and thought I could only eat rice noodles from then on. Go to the grocery store and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? wow thanks, ever since i read some cookbook my mom had on making pasta and I saw that half of thier ingredients were eggs I was scared to eat it, but now I don't have to be!

·
Registered
219 Posts
pretty much all the box pastas you find at the store don't have eggs. It almost always will specify on the cover if it has eggs. It is just way cheaper and it lasts longer to not use eggs in pasta so I'm pretty sure that's why most pasta's you buy at the store are vegan. But like everyone else said, it's always good to check the ingredients.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Almost all pasta is vegan
You just have to watch for fresh/pre-cooked/etc pasta that will have eggs, and some specialty pastas. Go for the dried stuff and you're usually fine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts