VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
i usually use Italian dressing or another vinaigrette dressing. Add some veggies cheese olives garlic sometimes capers depends on the dressing. Mine is always simple and fast.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
i luv pasta salad

i use diced red onion, carrots, garbanzo beans or cannellini beans, sundried tomatoes or regular tomatoes, olives, celery, parsley, basil
+
rainbow rotini or fusili or bowties or pinwheels (whatever fork sized shape)
+
dress with olive oil, balsamic or red whine vinegar, salt, pepper, crushed garlic or garlic powder (or use a store bought balsamic dressing or italian dressing)

that's pretty much it, its versatile but i think the key ingredients are red onions, olives, and herbs that give it that certain flavor.

·
Registered
922 Posts
What kind of pasta do you use ? I find that the smaller types that are made with wholemeal, spelt of soya flour have a better taste.

You also need to undercook the pasta slightly and season it with vinaigrette ( a simple homemade evo dressing with lemon or vinegar) whilst it is still warm. It will finish off cooking naturally.

You then need a bit of crunch by adding raw diced or shredded vegetables. I also like to add some leaves eg rocket or baby mesclun. I also like to add a few Greek or French black olives.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone! before I was vegan I was addicted to the pasta salad at ruby tuesdays.. it was really creamy. Idk. I can't seem to dublicate it. I even tried adding vegan ranch to it.. ><
I'll just try the stuff here, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts