VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this in yesterday's Parade Magazine which is a magazine supplement in the Sunday edition of newspapers around the US.

http://www.dashrecipes.com/blogs/das...a-Gilbert.html

Sara Gilbert is a long time vegetarian who is a mom now. I liked that when she was on the sitcom Roseanne, her veg diet was actually written into the show as her character Darlene's diet. First time I saw it was on an episode where Darlene is picking pepperoni off a pizza and saying, "How many times have I told you that I don't eat meat?"

Since there are always lots of recipes in Parade magazine that include meat (and are often touted as being *cough* healthy), I thought it was a nice change to feature a vegetarian celebrity with a vegetarian recipe.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
thanx for the heads up....cant believe I missed this and I loved that Darlene was Veg on Roseanne she even protested her Parents restaurant The Lunch Box because it sold loose meat sandwhiches and painted cows or something outside the restaurant....I havent seen the show in a bit.....sorry if this is foggy.....

Peace

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Sara Gilbert does seem to be more like the rest of us LOL, down to earth and not spoiled and constantly craving the spotlight. She's not one of those glitzy celebrities who appear on the talk shows talking about how they were craving a hamburger when they were vegan and finally gave in and it was a relief blah blah blah. More power to Sara Gilbert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts