VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 little cans of paint I dont know how to dispose of. My family says to make sure the lid is on tight and throw it in the trash. Isnt there a special way to do it? I dont feel comfy at all about throwing them in the trash. 2 of them still have quite a bit of paint left on the bottom. The others just have a dry coating of paint in there.

Help!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Call your city's solid waste department and ask them what to do. Some landfills are prepared to handle paint w/o allowing it to harm the environment, others have a special service that deals with it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My local landfill will take up to 5 gallons of laytex paint per visit. It's worth a check. The bin they have is totally separate from everything else. They'll also take car batteries, used motor oil, lots of crap that shouldn't be buried in the earth, and they recycle and/or dispose of properly.

·
Registered
828 Posts
We have 'hazardous waste disposal day' every few months where you take paint, oil, solvents, etc. It's announced in the paper.

I like to go and pick up the not quite empty cans of paint that people leave. That way all the paint gets used and I get it for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts