VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a nice day today. I tripped, fell, hit my face on the edge of the bathtub and broke my nose.

Anyone else ever broken anything? This is the first time I've ever broken any bones.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ouch! and all this after your tummy finally gets better

my best friend broke my middle toe...twice...by stepping on it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Ouch is right. I've had my nose broken a couple of times in the course of playing hockey. It hurt the most when they reset it back in place.

Let's see... I took a shot off the wrist just last winter which broke my wrist in two places. I've broken the same wrist a few years earlier. I broke one my fingers at work once and just set that one myself. (it only hurts for 15 seconds when you set it and tape it). I've broken my foot wrestling when I was a teenager. I had my shoulder dislocated when I was bodychecked into the boards during a hockey game (that was the most painful of any break I've ever had).

Yeah, I have had a few broken bones over the years

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i broke my thumb once, i was runnin on all fours and my dog trixie at the time was runnin behind me and she got tangled in my legs and i twisted my thumb the wrong way or something. either way it was three days before i noticed i should go to the doctor. while at the doctor my dad said if it as broken they would have to crack it again and set it in place. he scared the **** out of me and i totaly didnt want it to be broken. then the doctor said it was broken and i just about jumped through the roof. a splint later i was fine
. i made the splint into a little toy gun !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert It hurt the most when they reset it back in place.
Eeee....is it really that bad? How exactly do they do it? What does it feel like? Details?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Sasami, my shoulder separation involved torn AC and CC ligaments. it looked like I just had a stroke or something as the shoulder was dropped down on one side. There was a lot of swelling involved and that kind of "throbbing" pain you get when you do stuff like accidentally hit your finger with a hammer.

They gave me X-Rays and as I lay back on the table, the shoulder was attempted to be moved back into place (which hurt like hell). I ended up having surgery to repair the shoulder and had to wear a sling for a few weeks, take anti-inflammatory medication, and then had to do some physiotherapy to help restore the motion and strength of the shoulder. About 6 or 8 weeks later... it was like nothing had ever happened... but for the first couple of days of it happening, it is definitely painful.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
ouch sorry to hear that Sasami. hope it heals quickly

but nope i've never broken anything *knocks on wood*

did hurt my wrist once in school, had to wear a tensor bandage for a few days and couldn't really close my hand properly for about a week. was kinda lucky i didn't break anything or snap a tendon. someone slammed a door into me, instinctively i raised my hand to block my face (or my nose would have been broken i'm sure). the force snapped my wrist back in a way that i felt a jolt from the tip of my thumb all the way to my shoulder, i even heard a scary snap kind of sound. within minutes i had an egg-sized lump on my wrist. totally sucked

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
About 11 years ago my husband gave me a bike for my birthday. I hadn't been on a bike in years and decided I'd get in a little practice while everyone was gone to a ball game. They say once you learn to ride a bike you never forget--LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!! I was riding on the walk beside my back door and started to get off the blasted vehicle but misplaced my foot and stepped in the flower bed off the edge of the walk. I lost my balance and fell against the house (nearly knocking it off the foundation) with my full weight against my shoulder. I couldn't move the arm for weeks. I was black and blue from my elbow to shoulder but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. Nine months later, still suffering pain, I had a radioactive dye injected in my shoulder and an X-ray taken and a break in the shoulder bone showed up. That was the first time I'd ever broken a bone.

Now I think I've broken my elbow if you can do such a thing. I was talking to my mother on the phone and was rocking on my computer chair and the pillow I was sitting on was slipping off. I pushed my foot up on the desk to boost myself up in the chair but the only thing I did was fall backwards off the chair and give my elbow a good crack. It took over a year for that to heal and now it's hurting again, just as if I'd fallen yesterday.

Hope you're feeling better Sasami. My mother has broken her nose by tripping on a crack in the sidewalk and falling flat on her face. Ouch!!

Isabella

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I am the queen of broken arms. I've had 4. No joke. i must not have gotten enough calcium as a child. The first one happened skating for my 6 birthday party. I hit this huge bump in the ice and fell on my arm. That was the end of the birthday party. The second one happened playing soccer. It was a comedy of klutziness. The third was tobaganning and I went over this huge bump, went flying in the air and landed on my air. The fourth was I can running down the hallway just after my mother finished washing the floor, The dog came running towards me, I tried to avoid him and hit the wall.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've never had a broken bone. Although, my back is constantly hurting and I have to go see the doc soon. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but it hurts like the Dickens.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Oh, no! I hope you feel better, Sasami!

I've broken my ankle once, one of my toes twice (did that make sense?
), and a finger once. Not to mention some torn ligaments here and there, and plenty of sprains (I was a rough-and-tumble kid and am now a less-than-graceful adult). No fun at all!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been lucky to never break any major bones. Only once when I blacked out at the doctor's office I cracked the bridge of my nose on the cute litttle metal bench in front of the elevators. I didn't even have a bandage or anything for that.. I just had 2 black eyes and a puffy nose for a couple of weeks. It didn't really hurt though because by the time I came around the nurse already had ice on my face .. it sure was sore for those next 2 weeks though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts