VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had been having lower stomach pains similar to menstrual cramps (only much less severe) but I'm not on my period. So, I asked my mom and she said I was ovulating, which sounds just about right from what she told me, (the time it would happen, what it feels like, etc) except for it has lasted for at least a week and a half (she said it should only last about 4 days). It is accompanied with bloating and a little gas. This condition is uncomfortable at MOST. But I'm just a little concerned because the symptoms are so new, and persistent. Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Can you tell us more specifically where the pain is? Also, is in continual, or come and go? There's a link <a href="http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/BHCV2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Ovulation_pain?Open" target="_blank">here</a> that describes a bit about ovulation pain. 10 days (even 4 days) is far too long, generally.<br><br><br><br>
Is there any chance you could be pregnant? A tubal pregnancy could cause some of the same feelings.<br><br><br><br>
Checking with the doctor (at least by phone) would be advisable, imo. It could be something simple, but it could also be something requiring medical attention.

·
Registered
885 Posts
it could be a harmless ovarian cyst, they can come and go sometimes on their own. if the pain continues see your doctor. even if they do find a cyst, its not a cause for alarm at all, they are very common and tend to go away on their own after a few months. When required, which isn't often, they can be removed and it doesnt hurt your ability to have kids.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so far everyone.<br><br>
IamJen, The pain is pretty come and go, also it is in my lower stomach. I guess I could be pregnant, because I am sexually active, but i really doubt I am.<br><br>
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts