VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had been having lower stomach pains similar to menstrual cramps (only much less severe) but I'm not on my period. So, I asked my mom and she said I was ovulating, which sounds just about right from what she told me, (the time it would happen, what it feels like, etc) except for it has lasted for at least a week and a half (she said it should only last about 4 days). It is accompanied with bloating and a little gas. This condition is uncomfortable at MOST. But I'm just a little concerned because the symptoms are so new, and persistent. Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Can you tell us more specifically where the pain is? Also, is in continual, or come and go? There's a link here that describes a bit about ovulation pain. 10 days (even 4 days) is far too long, generally.

Is there any chance you could be pregnant? A tubal pregnancy could cause some of the same feelings.

Checking with the doctor (at least by phone) would be advisable, imo. It could be something simple, but it could also be something requiring medical attention.

·
Registered
885 Posts
it could be a harmless ovarian cyst, they can come and go sometimes on their own. if the pain continues see your doctor. even if they do find a cyst, its not a cause for alarm at all, they are very common and tend to go away on their own after a few months. When required, which isn't often, they can be removed and it doesnt hurt your ability to have kids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.