VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
underatted = jack black

he is a very fine actor either in a comedy or a standard he can certainly hold his own in any type of role. He is also the most underatted singer on this earth, he can sing anything and nail it trust me ive seen him live with his rock power house band tenacious d. So if your looking for a guarenteed laugh search for him on youtube hes a genuinly funny man he doesnt need scripts to be funny. If your looking for proof that this man can sing type in lets get it on ( full version ) jack black on youtube and i gurantee you will rate him as a brilliant singer after hearing that. go tenacious d go jack black your awesome, ohh and some news for D fans they are going to start work on a new album next year soooo cant wait for that.

anyone have any opinions on what i just wrote feel free to let me know

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post

Kathy Griffin - when she does stand up...she is super funny!
6 years ago (when this thread was first started
), I would have felt the same way. However, after seeing the "My Life On The D List" episode where Bette Midler was her special guest, I have to move her straight to the top of the over-rated list (oh look, Kathy. An A-list you actually made
). The whole show, she kept talking about being A-list "would this be considered A-list" and "would this be something an A-lister would do?" and even "I can't do ___ because I'm too famous (and A-listers do/act/feel this way too so I'm completely justified in following their A-list footsteps)". By the time the first commercial break rolled around, I was so fed up about A-list, A-list, A-list, A-list that I started looking for something else to watch. And I almost ALWAYS watch her shows from start to finish, be it stand up or MLOTDL. I don't think I will so much anymore.

Under-rated: I'll have to get back to you on that one...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am sooo gonna be hated for this...but am used to it...cant stand Johnny.

Overrated....Johnny Depp

Underrated....My Fave actor of all Time Corey Haim he is awesome and roxx!! and My Second Fave Richard Grieco.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Overrated: Keira Knightley.

She got an OSCAR nomination for being in that s*** remake of Pride & Prejudice? Seriously? Compare that wishy washy, whiny, over-giggly but otherwise totally flat and historically WRONG movie to the 1996 (or was it '95, can't remember) mini-series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle.

IMHO, Keira Knightly has two expressions that she regularly utilizes; constipated and pouty.

And she is not even very pretty, really. Maybe if she wasn't such a stick figure, but... Nobody is naturally that anorexic-looking.

Blah. I just don't get her.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Overrated: Angelina Jolie....everyone I know just luvs her me not sooo much...and although I have seen most of her movies cause my baby bro loooooooves her...I dont think she is a great actress...actually I dont think she is even in the good catagory.

Overrated....Brad Pitt....I cant stand this guy....IMO hes a bad actor and just Icky....I avoid movies he is in.

Underrated....Vince Vaugn....he is just awesome

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Underrated as well: Jason Statham.

I dunno why, but I can watch his mindless action films, which is more than I can say for most mindless action films.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Brad Pitt seems like a decent actor to me.

Look at his performance in Snatch, for example. Or 12 Monkeys.
I did...and IMO thats why I feel he is sooo Overrated...to me he stinks as actor and hasnt done anything thats good....Legends of the Fall was a great Movie...not because of him but because of the scenery.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I got into a small disagreement today with my close pal Zach today over this....

Overrated....Will Smith....I have seen most of his movies and havent liked them or him as an actor..He is a total bore to me....I seem to be alone in this opinion.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I am going to get such sh*t for this:

Overrated: Bill Murray

I like his movies, but some people seem to worship him. I don't think he's THAT funny.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Over-rated:

Twilight (the first book was okay, and then everything exploded...)

Robert Pattinson

Under-rated:

The Mighty Boosh/Noel Fielding

Russell Brand

Blackadder

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewwattsnew View Post

Over-rated:

Twilight (the first book was okay, and then everything exploded...)

Robert Pattinson
Twilight is definetly overrated. I haven't read the books nor do I intend to but I have been so sick of hearing about the movie, the books and every actor that's involved in the movies.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

Over-rated: Russel Brand

Under-rated: Bill Bailey
You must be British. I would say in the U.S., Russell Brand is under-rated. He's had one TV special and hosted one music awards, but altogether not much buzz surrounding him. I think he's quite funny.

Under-rated: Eddie Izzard. Most people don't know him in the U.S. My favorite comedian ever.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts