21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
kirk, what is full metal challenge?

and I can't believe I forgot this one:

Harry Potter... WAY overrated!

By the way, I think Julia Roberts is beautiful, but she can't act for ****! We coined a phrase for her type; "movie model"

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Overrated-- just about any popstar who tries to act in a movie. Mandy Moore did a passable job in A Walk to Remember, but she only barely made the grade, IMHO.

Underrated-- Kelly Vrooman. I know, you've never ever heard of her. She's probably the best actress to ever grace the stage at my college. Know what? She's a vegetarian. I know this because she is one of my friends, although she is not one of my closest friends.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Overrated: Reality programming. Any TV show that has scenes set in a morgue. Paris Hilton. The Simpson sisters (not "The Simpsons" cartoon versions, the other cartoon versions). And (I might get flamed for this) "God Bless America". That song is the reason why Woody Guthrie wrote "This Land is Your Land".

Underrated: PBS's Nova. I find any episode of that infinitely more interesting than at least 3/4 of everything else on TV. I also agree that Ving Rhames is underrated.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Overrated: Mischa Barton. I think she's pretty, sure, and she can act, but I think her CHARACTER on The OC is overrated. Also overrated: Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff. May be perfectly sweet, but I don't consider them actresses. I don't consider very many people actresses, though.

NON-rated...just plain out, not given enough due consideration considering how awesome her work is! And that would be.....EVAN RACHEL WOOD. Perhaps one of the most brilliant young actresses. Check out Thirteen and Once and Again

-Linzey

·
Registered
735 Posts
Overrated:

Kevin Smith (all his movies; only Clerks was worth seeing IMO)

Gwyneth Paltrow (used to think she was hot, until she opened her mouth)

Kevin Spacey (ever see K-Pax?? Barf.)

Julia Roberts

Tom Hanks

Adam Sandler (why, why, why is he being cast in "serious" movies?)

Underrated:

Tina Fey

Kate Winslet

David Cross

SNL the past few seasons (I had given up on the show around '97...it's back!)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigB View Post

Underrated:

Kate Winslet

David Cross
! much <3 for both of them.

also under-rated: aqua teen hunger force. no, really. i love this show
also most bands i like, but that's understandable since they're from japan and all.

over-rated: uhhhh... just about everything i can think of off the top of my head right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Underrated:

Cate Blanchett

Jeff Goldblum

Jennifer Connelly

William H. Macy

Crispin Glover

"Arrested Development" -- this show is hilarious! Rent the DVD

"Wife Swap" - such a guilty pleasure...it's the only reality TV I watch

Overrated:

Dr. Phil

Colin Farrell

Will Ferrel

·
Registered
451 Posts
Word to the Dr. Phil bit

Mayuko...what Asian (Japanese) bands do you like? I have listened to Puffy Amiyumi, Aki Maeda (mostly, she's a great actress), Ken Ishii, Glay, Pizzicato 5 etcetera. I like indivdual songs, but haven't found a Japanese group that I adore yet. Like I do with NIN or David Bowie (in which I love almost ALL their songs...except "Closer". I hate that song).

-Linzey

·
Registered
451 Posts
p.s. watashi wa nihongo ga suki desu.
(yes, it's my fave class too!)

Oh, we should have a forum for Japanese-culture enthusiasts!

Like, a poll:

Fave season: aki

colour: kurori to midori

food/ drink: ichigo, kohi, maki

i.e. Hey that would be fun!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
i was actually thinking of starting one!
rock! (eta: ok, did it -- http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...d.php?p=692005)

i'm more into the rock groups than the pop ones (though i do have a not-so-secret love of morning musume.. oh for shame!) -- my absolute favorite band is kuroyume, followed closely by sads (gee, the fact that they both have the same singer, who i absolutely ADORE, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it
)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like Tina Fey a lot

Jim Carrey is way underrated as a dramatic actor, i think. i consider jim carrey of the last 5 years a completely different person than early90s Jim

Danny Glover was really endearing in the Royal Tenenbaums, he should do more movies like that

and was anyone else blown away by Willem DaFoe's comedic acting skills in the life aquatic!? never would have imagined.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Overrated: Jack Nicholson. Sorry, but he was good in The Shining, and As Good As It Gets...and he is IMPACTING. But he always has the same tone, the same "devilish" attitude. At least in the last 5 movies I've seen.

-Linzey

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
In my opinion...

Overrated: Linkin Park, Tom Hanks, Dr. Phil, Paris Hilton, Sex in the City (I ****ing hated this show), Trading Spaces, Catcher In The Rye

Underrated: My Chemical Romance, Jim Carrey (in these past three years anyway), Tool, Nova shows, While You Were Out, Boy Still Missing

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.