VeggieBoards banner

Outlet Store products

722 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Knowtions In Motion 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the animal products you buy from outlet stores (such as Winners, in Canada) supports the animal industry?

For example, I've heard of people buying wool or leather strictly from thrift and antique stores as the money doesn't support the industry and they aren't creating more demand for the item like you would buying new.

Is it the same for outlet stores? Does buying products from there create a demand or support the industry?

#2 ·
By buying things that use animal products, for example, a wool coat from Winners it shows that company people will buy it so they will stock more. The money will also go to the industry that is selling the animal product.

As a vegan or even vegetarian, you shouldn't be buying animal products at all no matter where they are from. Go for faux fur or leather instead!

#3 ·
For me, the ethics of buying leather, or wool, second hand is totally based on need. If you don't have they money, and need shoes and clothes for work, your child, a job interview, you don't have a lot of choices. One thing I do point out is to buy from a charitable organization- not a private sale.

#4 ·
I try my best to adjust my needs based on the ethics of the product. I no longer wish to have the energies of what the product had to endure to become a product in the first place in my environment, if at all possible.

I won't toss out the leather couch we bought over 15 years ago because of my choices now, but I certainly won't be seeking another one when this one wears out, nor will I seek leather shoes, a wool coat, or any other animal based products on purpose, regardless of where they're being sold.

Circumstances may very well put me in a space where I have no other choice at times, and if so, I'll have to deal with it as best I can in that moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.