·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Oscar-winning actor Jack Palance dies

From Associated Press

2:26 PM PST, November 10, 2006

Jack Palance, the craggy-faced menace in "Shane," "Sudden Fear" and other films who turned to comedy at 70 with his Oscar-winning self-parody in "City Slickers," died today. Palance died of natural causes at his home in Montecito, Calif., surrounded by family, said spokesman Dick Guttman. Palance was 85 according to Associated Press records, but his family gave his age as 87.

When Palance accepted his Oscar for best supporting actor he delighted viewers of the 1992 Academy Awards by dropping to the stage and performing one-armed push-ups to demonstrate his physical prowess.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...home-headlines

I remember that one-armed push-up. It was totally unexpected, and boy! it sure made the rest of the Oscarcast more fun to watch.

Bye, Jack.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Postscript: The article I linked to in my first post is now the full obituary, and it states something interesting I didn't know before: Although he raised cattle, he was a vegetarian.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
"As for his refusal to eat red meat, Palance said: "I've got so many cattle that I didn't want to feel like I was eating them Because if you walk amongst the cattle, occasionally you'll find that you have a friend. These little ones -- they'll run after you like a dog ""

Oh, that's charming. He doesn't eat his cattle. He just sells them to cattle broker who sells them to a slaugher house, so someone else can eat them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts