VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I *heart* Origins.<br><br><br><br>
Some of their products aren't vegan, I know, but there are severeal that are. The facial soap I've been using is excellent, and smells wonderful. According to the ingredients (unless I'm mistaken), it seems to be vegan, and it's very well suited for combination skin. It's the Cream Bar, and I just can't recommend it highly enough. ^_^<br><br><br><br>
(I'm very particular about the fragrance of the bath and beauty products I use.)<br><br><br><br>
I'm thinking of trying the United State balancing toner, but I need to check the ingredients. ^_^

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
can you get the stuff online? i've never heard of that brand i don't think

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get it online at the <a href="http://origins.com" target="_blank">Origins</a> website, or at <a href="http://gloss.com" target="_blank">Gloss</a>.<br><br><br><br>
^_^

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
"According to the ingredients (unless I'm mistaken), it seems to be vegan,"<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Can I assume you are talking about the "origins cream bar" ? Well, I don't see a list of all the ingredients. They just say "plant-based" and "coconut and palm oil" so it would seem to be made, mostly, of non-animal ingredients, if not entirely.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think that the usual commercial origin of glucosamine, the main ingredient in United State Balancing Tonic, are crab shells, and perhaps lobster shells, clam shells, and oyster shells, which are a product of what I call the "shell-fish hunting" business (or sometimes the shell-fish husbandry business). I'd guess that companies that pack shell crabs or lobsters for inclusion of lobster meat or crab meat in prepared foods, or that pack canned clams, sell the shells to companies that extract glucosamine from them; or they may pay the glucosamine manufacturers a certain amount of money per kilogram of shell, to haul the shells away, perhaps less than they would have to would pay a waste-hauling company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts