VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My omni boyfriend inhaled these leaving me hardly anything, so they must be great for times when you're entertaining omnis and veg*ns alike. Here goes....

300g mushrooms, chopped in quarters
2 onions, chopped in strips
1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green pepper(or capsicum), also chopped in strips
Jalapenos to taste
3-4 cloves minced garlic
Coriander (or cilantro) to taste
Chili flakes to taste

Heat a little olive oil in the frying pan, add all of the above ingredients untill they're kind of soft. Serve on warmed tortillas with whatever you'd like, I used vegan guacamole and rice, awesome with beer!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I am so making this, thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Green onions or yellow onions (assuming green as I don't know how to cut yellows in strips)? But yeah, looks delicious.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Will be trying this myself!

Mushrooms make a great meat substitute, especially in chili and the like as they cook down and become quite dense and chewy.

Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Peel the onion, then cut in half (top to bottom). Put cut side down, then slice, however thick you want them. The layers will separate into strips.
I call those half circles, lol.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

If you cut the onion half side-to-side, it makes half-circles, though I've never seen a recipe refer to "half circles."
If you want them more straight, just slice the onion half top-to-bottom instead. The resulting pieces will be more like "strips."

Gottcha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts