VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of you out there who used to enjoy Mini Wheats. Saldy, they have gelatin in them. But just a couple of weeks ago we found Organic Mini Wheats - minus the gelatin. (My guess is that it's too difficult to source organic gelatin so they just leave it out - makes you wonder why they put it in at all, doesn't it?). Since it has been over a decade since we've had them, we pick up a box to try em out. They weren't as good as I remember, but I have since moved away from sugary cereals. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone who might be interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any natural foods market will have the same type of cereal. Unless it's the box you like, there are organic frosted cereals from Kashi, Arrowhead Mills and a couple of others that are pretty good.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Miniwheats are vegan. FROSTED miniwheats are not. Just like most poptarts. Frosted are not vegetarian, most unfrosted are. I always got the Arrowhead Mills kind. They were never as good as I remember Frosted Miniwheats to be, though.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by budtkaboy2000 View Post

Any natural foods market will have the same type of cereal. Unless it's the box you like, there are organic frosted cereals from Kashi, Arrowhead Mills and a couple of others that are pretty good.
Yup, I really love the Autumn Wheat from Kashi (much more so than the Mini Wheats!). I just thought I would just let the die-hard Mini Wheat fans know

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

Miniwheats are vegan. FROSTED miniwheats are not. Just like most poptarts. Frosted are not vegetarian, most unfrosted are. I always got the Arrowhead Mills kind. They were never as good as I remember Frosted Miniwheats to be, though.
Thanks for the correction. I hardly ever see the unfrosted kind and forgot that they existed!

But the ones I'm talking about are Organic Frosted Mini Wheats and they are vegan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts