VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use all organic? And if not all what are the things that really need to be organic.<br><br>
And also..How about the frozen organics?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Almost everything my children and I eat is organic. My dh still drinks conventional milk. I have kind of retrained myself that if I can't get it organic we don't need it.<br><br><br><br>
If you can afford it definitely go all organic. If you have to prioritize this list might help -<br><br><br><br><a href="http://www.deliciousorganics.com/Controversies/toptobuyorg.htm" target="_blank">http://www.deliciousorganics.com/Con...optobuyorg.htm</a><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Frozen organic fruits and veggies can be just as nutrtious as fresh. In fact, if your produce if being shipped from somewhere else might even be better - they are usually flash frozen right on site whereas fresh stuff can sit around for awhile before getting to you. I prefer fresh veggies because of the taste, but frozen fruit is awesome for smoothies or in pancakes, sauces, etc.

·
Registered
590 Posts
if it is too much to go totally organic, try to stay with local fruits n veggies, and in season. A lot of the produce travelling in trucks to your supermarket are usually picked unripe and will actually ripen in the trucks on the way which prevents it from gaining all of the vitamins and nutrients. They are also sprayed with a lot of junk your body doesnt need.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Almost all of my fruits and veggies are organic because I have an organic fruit and vegetable basket delivered. Maybe half of the rest of the food I buy is organic -- for some things, the premium is just more than I want to pay.

·
Registered
797 Posts
In Jane Goodall's "Harvest for Hope", she has a really good chapter on organic food - what you should buy organic if you can only afford some. If I remember correctly, she said to buy organic canola and soy products, at any cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts