·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to posting lots of yummy new recipes soon! Just wanted to share

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
yeah, which ones????? I love new cookbooks!

My new favorite is by Julie Hasson, of the Vegan Diner! Holy Cow is that a great cookbook! Stuff is so easy, and it really is good food. I just made the quinoa and chickpea patties today. yummmm

Hope you enjoy your new ones, and be sure to tell us what you are getting!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay let's see I ordered (and should see tomorrow!)

Color Me Vegan - by Colleen Patrick Goudreau (I love her books " The Vegan Table" and "The Joy of Vegan Baking")

Vegan on the Cheap - by Robin Robertson

Clean Food - by Terry Walters

Raw Food: A complete Guide for every meal of the day - by Erica Palmcrantz and Irmela Lilja

Raw Food for Real People - by Rod Rotondi and

Now the real question *snicker* would you pick a recipe from each book each week or work your way through one whole book first?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and Jess I will have to look into that one next! I joined your blog BTW

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Yes, but do you have Appetite For Reduction?
I like cookbooks that kinda have a theme throughout. Like you can stock your cabinets according to the recipes, and that's how I knew AFR was for me! I could cook almost anything in it on any given day!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post

Oh and Jess I will have to look into that one next! I joined your blog BTW
thanks! that's cool. I have a post probably tomorrow on those quinoa patties, and they also happen to be GF by chance for anyone who needs it.

I love Colleen's books too. I have the vegan table, but haven't made anything yet. I bought it when Border's was closing, so it was 40%off. Color me vegan is one I want to get. I've looked at it already, and it's on my list.

I think by far, Robin Robertson is my favorite cookbook author, and you are going to love Vegan on the Cheap. If you get a chance, and don't have it, look at her 1000 Vegan recipes. Now that is a fantastic collection of recipes!

I like to stick to one cookbook and cook a bunch of things, then I know whether it's one I want to hold on to or not. I bought one cb, that I wish I could send back. I really only like a couple of recipes from it, but maybe I should give it another chance. (Vegan baking classics- I've wasted ingredients making recipes from it )

so have fun with it!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Silva, I see it in my future for SURE!
Jess, make ANYTHING from "The Vegan Table" absolutely anything and you will be happy. My hubby loved the marinated portobellos, I LOVE the Pasta Abbaritia (SP).. oo and her better than Tuna salad, and the Potato Leek Soup... and man the list goes on. I think I have a lot of recipes from her book on my blog... If not a lot, several. And I plan to see several more.. =)

Okay, well with that in mind, I will finish up working my way through some of the "Vegetarian Times" ones I snagged last week, then I will pick a book and run with it! I'm, just not sure about using a RAW only one all the time yet, I think my hubby might need a transition into that realm, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts