VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Find it in your heart to watch this video, please. The animals need you. Please listen to their call.

This is the video made for the song "Free Me" by Goldfinger. It is about animal liberation. It can be found on youtube, in case this link doesn't work. It is graphic at some parts, but PLEASE do not let this turn you away from the truth.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/prefs.asp?video=free_me (graphic, profanity)

Note: I am aware there are many ways to communicate the message of animal liberation, and this is just one of them. If you do not agree with the graphic nature of the video or lyrics, please don't use this thread to discuss that issue.

Note 2: I tried a bajillion titles, and nothing worked. That's why it's so vague. If it can be changed by a mod, please change it to "Open your hearts and minds - Free Me video."

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much, Michelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I haven't seen the vid, but I've listened to the song and so have a pretty good idea what watching it would be like
I encourage you to watch it, even though recruitment obviously isn't necessary in your case.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really shouldnt watch this video, but I am devising a plan to watch it with my non-vegetarian boyfriend who dosent want to see anything that happens to animals. I hope I can at least get him to see it that way I tried to do something to educate him other than what I say I saw. If it dosent affect him, at least I tried!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I dont think ill watch it. I was never able to even see Meet your Meat..I X it out when I start crying, and Im crying now even seeing the youtube version before pressing play..with the cow hanging.

Im already vegetarian. I dont need to watch stuff like this.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a video that shows ALL animals suffer - those in factory farms for slaughter, dairy cows, animals in research laboratories, etc... This video speaks to everyone who does not support or know about animal liberation.

Cows fish pigs mice rats bees macaque capuchin turkeys ducks geese dogs cats rabbits chickens sheep monkeys chimps ferrets

...they all suffer. For "meat," for dairy, for clothing, for shampoo and mascara, for window cleaner, for vaccinations and cures, etc...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I'm all for having the truth out there and for these videos to document the horror. But I think it's important to keep things in perspective. I know some people who will watch this kind of thing and become so completely depressed and disillusioned with the whole world. And then we need Troub to come along and give us all a pep talk (he does it so well too).

If we were to watch videos of sweat shop workers or prisoners being tortured or poisons being poured into fresh water we could also become equally dismayed with the state of the world.

That is why I love Peaceable Kingdom. It shows some of the horror (omitting the worst of it though) but it shows hope as well. And that's important. So watch the video if you need to but remember that there is a lot of good in the world too.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Mr Sun, I agree. Everyone has to remember that organisations like PETA are propogandist, ie. theyre only going to show the worst stuff, like cows getting their throats slit, and not the good things. I can assure you that incidents like this are not neccesarily a result of the need for beef, but a lack of technology or money in under-privaleged countries. In any first world country the majority of farm animals lead healthy and exuberant lifestyles, with their ends occuring as a result of a painless electric bolt. Admitedly though, PETA is universally correct in their views concerning battery hens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
waca123 is indeed correct in his statement. The acts depicted in that film are taken from countries whose ethics have not evolved to the level accepted by western countries. I often wonder why PETA spend all their money and attention tackling issues which are far more trivial than the acts depicted in this film.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to this site and im also relativley new to being a vegan. but scince my turning i have learned to love every animal and realise how meat eaters are disgraceful in their ignorance. alot of them refuse to see the cruelty that goes into their food, clothes and way of life, i say that they should have to catch and kill every animal they wish to eat or at least watch it be slaughtered and treated. that would show them the truth, about their everyday lives.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I tried to watch it, but didn't get through the whole thing - this time. I'll try again. The music is perfect.

What I did see is very effective. And it doesn't depress me nearly as much as it strengthens my resolve.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts