VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I hope someone can help. I have to do a presentation tomorrow, but for some reason when I run the slide show in Impress (OO's version of Powerpoint) the screen comes up black! I can click through and get to the last page that says click to exit the presentation but nothing else will show up! I've made sure that none of the slides are hidden, that they're not being covered up by anything in the background ect. I've even tried opening a new version of Impress and making a new slide, but the same thing keeps happening.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2.02. Whats really weird is it worked fine like 2 months ago. I haven't used it since, so I don't think any settings or anything have gotten changed. Even when I open old presentations that I know worked at one point don't work now.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyed View Post

I have 2.02. Whats really weird is it worked fine like 2 months ago. I haven't used it since, so I don't think any settings or anything have gotten changed. Even when I open old presentations that I know worked at one point don't work now.
Something to try is to delete all your settings. Under GNU/Linux you would do is like this

close all running instances of Oo_O

at the command line type

$ mv .openoffice.org2 .openoffice.org2.backup

then reopen Oo_O

If you use windows you could do something similar.

First close Oo_O

move the settings folder to some backup location. In windows this is usually in Documents and settings somewhere. I don't have windows so I can't confirm this.

Open Oo_O and it will create a fresh instance of the settings

If that doesn't work, and you don't have animations, you can export to pdf, and then use a pdf viewer to do the presentation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I think I'll just export it as a pdf, since to make matters more complicated, I have to use someone else's computer to do the presentation and they actually have powerpoint, so I'm not 100% sure it would work anyways.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyed View Post

Thanks, I think I'll just export it as a pdf, since to make matters more complicated, I have to use someone else's computer to do the presentation and they actually have powerpoint, so I'm not 100% sure it would work anyways.
In that case yes, I would definitely export as pdf. The MS powerpoint file format is poorly documented (if at all) and Oo_O doesn't always do the best job of converting to a file MS Office can read. Converting to pdf is the way to go. If you are unsure how to do that I can give you instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts