VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rachel (or Fayme, my universal internet name), im 23 from Nebraska, USA. At the date of writing this, im on day 3 of going veggie. Primarily, i want to go veggie for health reasons, but am not insensitive to the animals rights either (poor babies
). I tried going veggie when I was 13 and watched a Faces Of Death tape (ugh) and they showed the animals being slaughtered for the meat, but didnt find much support back then (no net and a mother who thinks everything is funny lol). But now I am here again; glad i found this board, and was able to talk my mother into supporting my decision. She even bought me my first tofu dinner!
Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and i'll talk to you soon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to VB! I am a newbie too, and became vegan this year, (have been vegetarian the last six years). I don't have much support where I live, so it's nice to hear your mom is supporting you. And these people on VB are great, because they'll support and help you with your transition!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faymelevy View Post

Hi ya'll, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rachel (or Fayme, my universal internet name), im 23 from Nebraska, USA. At the date of writing this, im on day 3 of going veggie.
Hi and welcome! If you wrote this on day 3, you should be at one week now. How's it going so far?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.