VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG food craving. I feel like I'm pregnant! I know I'm not but still........ omg. I am going to make onion rings. I dont have a recipe but thats ok, I want to experiment. I will post them on my blog tomorrow.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
OMG Yay. I love onion rings, they're one of my favorite foods on the planet, infact I'll be having some tonight I think thanks to this post.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are my absolute favorite junk food. I cant wait to see how they come out!

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Onion rings are one of my most craved foods!I'd like to know why it seems restaurants offered more fried veggie baskets before I became vegetarian! Seems like they were on every appetizer menu, now I can't find them. Onions, mushrooms, zucchini-even cauliflower.
I love flour with either beer, club soda or ginger ale-what do you call this batter?

Have you tried Appetite For Reductions baked onion rings? They were really good, but not so much when they cooled down.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent, my husband and I were going to do a naughty food night on saturday night and make our own fried veggie apps for my blog but this cannot wait. It will be tonight.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Enjoy your onion rings. Those look delicious.
@reneeannem--I'm sorry to hear about your onion intolerance.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I made up my own batter and it was freaking awesome. My husband came home and ATE them before I could take any pictures so my blog will have to wait until Saturday as originally planned. I didnt have any flour so I made oat flour and used a little cornmeal. Holy WOW.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
This is all too cruel without a recipe.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

This is all too cruel without a recipe.

I promise once I develop the perfect batter ( I have another idea) I wil happily share it. I just want to give the best I can

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Can't wait for the batter! Did you make it in a deep fryer? I got a deep fryer a few months ago and I love it! Much faster than baking, I'm too impatient to wait for the oven and it has that comfort food deep fried oily fair taste.
Lately I've been buying frozen store bought and just deep frying them to heat them up, but I'd love to learn to make them myself.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually I dont have a deep frier. I pan fry them. I would like a deep frier though, even if it would rarely be used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts