VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! I can't believe it. One year ago today I stopped eating meat and it's the best decision I ever made. I have to say that I don't miss it at all and in that year I have managed to not cheat, I have not put meat in my mouth for a year and I'm never going back. I'm just amazed that it's been a year. In that year I have tried things I never have before, I've developed a liking of foods I used to hate and I've started cooking a lot more. So for all those new veg*ns on here who find they don't like a lot of things, be aware that your taste buds change and you will start to like a lot of things that you didn't like before. For all those new veg*ns who don't think they can get through the detox, you can! and for those who feel that they don't know how to cook well enough to eat better, trust me, it can be done, the internet is your friend in that aspect. There are tons of recipes out there! I'm not really saying anything that hasn't been said many times by others on the board but I thought I'd add to it.

Ok, really I just wanted to say that I am so happy that I've made it a year and that I am completely happy being a vegetarian and will continue for the rest of my life. I don't miss meat at all and I've had fun making my favorite foods with things like beans, lentils, veggies. I encourage all the new veg*ns to stick with it, even on those days where it's tough because it is definitely worth it no matter what your reason for becoming veg*n is.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thats awesome! congrats!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats Sam, and some great words of encouragement for us newbies - thank you
I'm still in my first year and feel exactly the same way. Especially about the cooking! I used to hate cooking, but a day hardly passes now where I'm not whipping up a stir-fry, a bean salad, or a batch of hummus. Veg*n cooking is so much fun, and rewarding with instant health benefits.

Here's to the next 100 years or so
Congrats again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats, my one year anniversary is coming up in a couple days. For me it really doesn't seem like it's been that long, guess that being veg just suits me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.