VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine posted this on another message board and thought I would share it with all my veggie friends here. (please do not watch this while eating-or if you have a weak stomach)

"If you need some more motoviation to stop eating pork I have it for ya. This just further confirms what sloppy slaughter and meat packing houses can do. Of course you never realize because you cook all your food, but here ya go.":

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15847

I am not sure if this is a "true" video or not but its disgusting either way. If anyone knows anything about this I would be interested to know. I am glad I dont have to worry about this anymore! I am SO happy I am a vegetarian!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Yeah.... I've heard countless times that it's fake. I mean it's gross and either way I'm glad I'm veggie cause whatever they did to that porkchop- it's nasty.

Hooray for the vegetarians!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I've seen these videos, and I've had people tell me about this, but I don't believe it for a second. It smacks of religious/political propaganda to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah some of their comments about the video is really bad
I don't think it should have turned into a religious debate like it did I read some, then just closed the window out anyway but still... thats just not right

Watercress: Its nasty but not that bad, nothing like some of the videos I have seen. It is up to you if you watch it or not.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They take raw pork chops and pour Coke on them... supposedly the Coke brings little "worms" to the surface. I agree that it is most likely religious/political propaganda.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah, totally not what it looks like. While doing the coke thing DOES kinda make the surface of the pork bubbly, but I've read many times that the acid and other components (the carbonation maybe? I dunno.) of the soda actually irritate fat globules and cause them to rise. So what you're seeing may not be fake, but I don't think it's worms. I've ever heard of a worm that lives in muscle, either. Or heard of maggots that can eat to the middle of a porkchop and chill out for who knows how long.

There's actually a ton of the videos on youtube, but you'll notice nobody really "inspects" the little white things. I'd totally go scientist on that porks butt.

Hehe... A few other vids for you guys.

Nothing in the pork after an hour:

Really weird white things in the pork after "two minutes" (I'm skeptical: it looks like rice to me, this is the video that "STARTED IT AALLL!!!" ooooo.):

Some chick tries it, after two hours no "worms", but then the ****tard COOKS THE PORK THAT HAS BEEN STANDING AROUND FOR 2 HOURS! AAAEWWW!:

Maybe I'll try it myself. I have a microscope, I can check out the "worms".

Plus...

I think this is a job for.. MYTH BUSTERZZZZZ!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh ew. I just found another video on tha 'tube and it was a "spoof".

These guys on a farm had a dead hog and poured Dr. Pepper on it and came back, like, a week later.

They're like "WOW! Dr. PEPPER WORKS! Look at all those MAGGOTS!"

Hilarious but gross. :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought it was fake. I cant believe that girl ate those pork chops after sitting out that long ewww! Thanks for all the comments. uberkibbles, I am sure with or without the Dr. Pepper, after a week there would be maggots lol yuck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.