VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did it! I have been vegetarian for one month now! I know that must sound like nothing to some of you but this past month felt so long I kind of feel like I've been veg for way longer than a month. Make sense? Anyway, yay!

·
Registered
167 Posts
In 10 days I'll have made it a month too XD It feels really long though...like I'm ultra-experienced and have been doing this my entire life. So yeah, I know the feeling, hehe.

Congrats! =D

·
Registered
887 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!
WAY TO GO!!!!!!

That really is an accomplishment, so be happy and enjoy your 1 month anniversary!! Before you know it, it will be a year and you'll wonder why you hadn't done it years ago!!!

It really does feel good though!!

Michelle (who is working on her 2nd year of being a veg.)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys!! Yeah, I feel pretty good. I don't really miss meat and was only really tempted to eat some chicken nuggets once. I haven't had anything fast food in a month which is a first since I first started going to college 5 years ago. So no greasiness in me! I think I'm still detoxing a little though...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My first 6 months felt like forever as a vegan. Now it feels like I haven't been vegan for very long at all.

I think what makes it feel like such a long time is all of the revamping we do to our diets. We focus on it ... a lot.

Now I've been vegan for a year and 4 months and it feels like no time at all. I can be vegan without putting much thought into it. It doesn't feel so demanding. It's just a lifestyle.

ETA: How stupid of me.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats. The first month is the hardest. Not just because you're detoxing, but because everyone around you is still holding up pork chops and going

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Cool. I just made 1 year a Veagn. I live with a house full of omni food. I refuse to obsess over those cookies or what ever. I find some of my own goodies and fat and happy I be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just passed the one month mark and everything is getting pretty easy for me now... well it's easy to not think about eating any meat. But it is definately hard to know exactly what I could cook up that will be tasty for dinner tonight!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have found, that even if you eat the same thing everday for lunch and breakfast, coming up with a dinner menu for the week makes everything so much easier (and a little bit cheaper too...)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts