VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, shouldn't I get a patch or something? Just kidding. But I am pretty excited. I was just "trying" it -- and I'd failed once before. Knowing I've made it a month reaffirms that it has "stuck" this time! My vegetarian philosophy was always "I can live without it." Now that I've proven that the same is true for the dairy/eggs, I don't think I'll ever go back.

VB was and is a huge help.

Who are the other "baby vegans" out there? I've read posts by some of you ...

· Registered
23 Posts
Congrats sunnyk. I made six months yesterday. My desire to stay away from animal products just grows stronger as time goes by. All those years of eating meat. I just suppressed the knowledge that I was eating the flesh of an animal that had as much right to inhabit this planet as I do. Never again.

· Registered
9,568 Posts
wahoo, congrats. it's two years for me, roughly today give or take a day or two.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
I went gradual so I can't state a date. Last time I ate eggs or drank milk was in March. I have eaten things with dairy ingredients in order to finish them off, rather than waste them (such as my whey protein supplements). So I guess you could say it has been two months...but not really

· Registered
231,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sunnyk

Who are the other "baby vegans" out there? I've read posts by some of you ...
I just joined (several minutes ago in fact
) - Not a Vegan nor vegetarian but I want to be the latter. Working on that now as a matter of fact, I'm two days (give or take a few hours) in.

· Registered
231,487 Posts
hey baby vegan here. I think it has been bout four months or so. It has all been easier than I thought, who would have known? I could have been vegan easily all those years i was a ovo lacto veg. I just lacked the education till I found VW and VB!

· Registered
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bloodysunsett

I slipped once though, but I actually threw it up it tasted so disgusting.
Happened to me too. It was gross, and I'll make sure it never ever happens again!

Congrats on the one-month-anniversary

I think it's about one or two months for me now. About three months as a lacto-veg and about five years as a semi-veg.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.