VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of moving to Boise, ID. I can use my Garmin to find Chinese restaurants to maximize my chances of finding quality vegan food. Any other ideas? I would prefer not to resort to having boring food made in diners that just aren't equipped to making good vegan food.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I travel I usually try to find grocery stores and buy packaged hummus, carrots and the like. May get lucky and drive near a trader joe's or wf? Which Wich is all vegan if you get the white bread so sometimes I look for those too if snacky stuff isn't going to fill me up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I've saved both your posts into a file. That Happy Cow page is worth its weight in gold.

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

Thai restaurants are my first choice for vegan eating on the road
YES! They always seem to have a vegetarian menu with stuff they can make vegan. It's that or Mexican is pretty good, they usually have veggie fajitas you can get...don't know if they grill the veggies in butter though. I have been told veggie oil at some places though. Veggie fajitas are sooooooo good.

Burger joints like Red Robin and Johny Rockets work, I know they have a vegan patty.

Japanese or Chinese places will likely have vegetable sushi you can eat, like avocado, cucumber, or asparagus rolls. I consider it quality vegan food :p Better than a salad right? Sometimes the miso soup at those places will not have fish flakes in them, so just ask ^^

Indian food can also be interesting to try. Indian joints usually have a vegetarian menu.

Stay away from Italian places, I haven't been able to get too much there >.>

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
No good suggestions. I'm usually chips and something to drink when in need. But best wishes for a safe and reduced stress move as possible. Moving is hard.

·
Registered
582 Posts
if you have an iphone there are some good apps that have good guides. i use urbanspoon and vegout [happy cow]. android phones prolly have something similar if you have one of them.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

YES! They always seem to have a vegetarian menu with stuff they can make vegan. It's that or Mexican is pretty good, they usually have veggie fajitas you can get...don't know if they grill the veggies in butter though. I have been told veggie oil at some places though. Veggie fajitas are sooooooo good.

Burger joints like Red Robin and Johny Rockets work, I know they have a vegan patty.

Japanese or Chinese places will likely have vegetable sushi you can eat, like avocado, cucumber, or asparagus rolls. I consider it quality vegan food :p Better than a salad right? Sometimes the miso soup at those places will not have fish flakes in them, so just ask ^^

Indian food can also be interesting to try. Indian joints usually have a vegetarian menu.

Stay away from Italian places, I haven't been able to get too much there >.>
Oooooh, Indian Food. Ahhhhh
I can't really give good advice, except good luck. And stay away from buffets (not sure how strict a veg*an you are, but if Chinese buffet is all that there is, you may have to starve).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts