VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no objections. Is that wrong? I feel my beliefs are my beliefs, not everyone else's.
He tells me he's proud of me for standing up for what I believe in. I luff him.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Well, then this may be a short thread, and I'm glad! You may want to post about it in the "Nice things omnivores say" thread, which I believe is in Vegetarian Discussion.

Most people complain about unsupportive significant others here. Some people (especially vegans) swear they won't date someone who doesn't share their veganism, but most people here as far as I know would date an omni who was supportive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think that's great darth. I wouldn't want a guy telling me I should be eating meat, and I don't think I should be telling a guy he should go vego. To each their own.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My husband is an omni (but to be fair I was one too when we got married). He's not 100% excited about my diet but he understands why I want to do this and is as supportive as he can be about it, frustrations about dinner aside. I think it's great that you two can support each other so much

·
Registered
471 Posts
My husband of one month is omni as well, though he's generally quite content to eat vegetarian at home and is supportive in any environment. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Haha, my boyfriend is the same way! I feel exactly as you do---I do not feel the need to force it on others, yet I am diligent in my own beliefs and he is proud of me for that.
Congrats!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I know there can be plenty of conflict in omni/veg*n relationships. If you are happy in your relationship, don't ask us what WE think about it, ENJOY it!

He sounds great

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Being supportive sounds like a self-evident requirement to me, not something particularly noteworthy. What sense would a relationship make in which the other person constantly mocked a central part of the other person's lifestyle?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_veggie View Post

Thanks guys.

I just thought it might offend someone if it ever came up in a conversation.

<3
I think the key is that YOU are okay with it. I'm one of those vegans who would rather their spouse was vegan, and would never consider a relationship with a commited omni again, but it's great if it works for you. I can't imagine you being judged or criticized for having an omni partner.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm with an omni (12 years in may) and it's fine. there is give and take, such as he really wants say, steak, I get something veg friendly and the deal is next meal out is my call.

Luckily, his fave restaurant in Denver is all veg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.