VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received several gifts that were given with my lifestyle changes in mind. This was the best thought, from one of my daughters boyfriend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's great. I also recieved several vegan-friendly gifts such as vegan soap and cookbooks. But I also got a leather purse from my grandma who knows I'm vegan.
I will hopefully be able to exchange it though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Same. I got vegan makeup and my friends checked to see if the lotion they game me wasnt tested on animals. But then my grandma (who also game me vegan makeup) gave me a leather necklace. My mom gave me really un-vegan candy. Not even veg, actually. Oh well...I gave it away.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I still find that, as supportive as my family is, they don't completely understand the vegan lifestyle. Omni's don't always get the other aspects of being vegan, outside of the main diet issues. I just had a conversation with my cousin and she thought vegan meant no dairy. She had no idea about leather, wool, makeup, or even trace ingredients in food, etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My mom gave me a wool sweater. It's beautiful but... no... and I got tons of chocolate I won't eat. But in fairness, I haven't really told them, because they'd think the NO ANIMAL products was crazy. The food they're understanding with. All I ate on Christmas Eve was apple slices- all there was out of an entire buffet feast that was Vegan, and they didn't get annoyed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My step-son and his girlfriend got me a new cookbook. Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. It looks like most, if not all, of the recipes are vegan or list vegan alternatives.

I've been looking for veggie recipes that I can make in my slow cooker because I'm working two jobs now and sometimes I'm just too busy to cook. I've been making extra food on my days off and warming it up on my busy days. Now I have a whole book of recipes that will cook while I'm getting some sleep. (I work nights and sleep in the afternoon.) It's nice to have a hot, fresh alternative to warmed up leftovers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
in both my stockings from my mum and dad i got plenty of vegan chocolate and yummys (e.g. chocolate mousse. yum!). i also got a vegan cookbook (125 vegan recipes - they are all pretty easy and contain ingrediants i always have: just what i needed) and the recent issue of a vegetarian magazine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
my niece gave me a purse made from man made materials -- that was really thoughtful of her. i also received a popcorn tin with 3 flavors, non vegan, but my hubby and kids are eating that.

then my kids brought me to a vegan chinese restaurant -- it was great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was bought a cheese board with matching knives off my longest friend?????

Other than that, got nice pressies of family, jewellry, vegan chocs, etc.

Debs

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recieved a subscription to Vegetarian Times and two vegan zine books "Soy Not Oi" and "Please Don't Feed the Bears". I also got two other books on vegetarian cooking.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I got animal rights shirts, animal rights buttons, books on animalrights and an animal rights message totebag. I also received a vegan cookbook.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts