VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Steve, from Los Feliz, California. I've been Vegan for about 10 years. I'm a drummer, and a Computer Tech. This board is great, I've never seen so many Vegans in one place! Glad to see a community like this thriving... Anyways, I've been lurking for a while and thought I ought to come out and say hi. Hi!

Come check out my website too!

http://stevecvar.com

I have streaming indie radio, forums, vegan links, restaurant review, recipes, etc...

p.s. is it me or are they really anal about avatars here?!?!?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Welcome, Steve. I live in Hollywood. We'll have to hook up for dinner at Vegan Express or something. There's a California section for all of us, too.

Michael's not really a "they" so much as a "he." I recall that he has excellent reasons for being particular about avatars, primarily stemming from some abuse in the past, but I don't have the details.

What kind of music do you drum, and what kind of tech do you compute?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My name is Danielle, I live in Erie PA (Clear across the country). Veg for 2 years, 17 years old. And i just joined yesterday. I love this place, everybodys so nice. I feel like i belong to a little secret vegan club or something.lol

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey, Steve! I live in L.A. June gloom is upon us, eh?

I like your site. Is that you waving on the front page? ;D

I love to see L.A. bands -- are you in one and do you perform locally?

Hmmm...I like your Michael Moore link. As much as I like him, I never bothered to look up if he had a site! Thanks.

Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Okay, my welcome's a bit late, but welcome!! Nice to see another L.A. veg.

A hearty welcome to Danielle, too!

Mskedi

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everbody!

Quote:
What kind of music do you drum, and what kind of tech do you compute?
Well, i've played in various bands over the years ranging from straight ahead jazz, punk,metal, indie, folk and new wave stuff.

I work in the IT department at some Mega-Corporation ala dilbert.

Quote:
Hey, Steve! I live in L.A. June gloom is upon us, eh?
Ya, the weather has been really crappy lately, but the great thing about southern california --- it's temporary!

Quote:
I like your site. Is that you waving on the front page? ;D
Yep. Can't you see the resemlance?

Quote:
I love to see L.A. bands -- are you in one and do you perform locally?
I'm not in a band right now, but the last band I played in is called the moving units. I quit the band cause I didn't have time for it. Of course, theyre HUGE now... Figures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts