VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I lived in OK at least half my life. mostly small towns in the Cherokee Strip region. I lived in Tulsa most recently. I have a brother who lives in Mustang, and two other brothers in Pawnee. I went to school at OSU in Stillwater. I miss Oklahoma!

I worked for 3 1/2 years at the Hideaway in Tulsa. I see now they have really grown! Do you ever get to eat there? Best Pizza in the World!!

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
I don't get to Tulsa, but about once every 10 years. PM me and tell me your brother in Mustang's name. We socialize in Yukon and have our church in Yukon. I know a few people in Mustang. On a thin chance, I might have heard of him. Tell me when you get to Ok. next and I'll call your brother's house. We'll take you to lunch. I'll have to find a good veg*n place to eat, but there are some out there. You can meet my husband and my 2 sons.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningStarr View Post

I am going to Tulsa in about 2 weeks. Anybody know of any good places to eat or exciting things to do/see? PM me if you like. Thanks
Go to Tulsa Chamber of Commerce online and see what they have. or the Oklahoma Department of Tourism.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Attention:

As a celebration of Earth Day 2004, I am going to be organizing a demo in front a OKC Burger King for the BK Veggie. I'm just starting it, so I'll be updating on all the info. If anyone would be interested, just let me know!

Valerie

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Right on VC! While I less than enjoyed my time in "you're vegetarian, you must be a commie" Oklahoma, I'm glad to hear there are some actions being taken for change.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
It's more like: "You are a vegetarian? You must be badly misguided! You poor baby, let me cook (meat)for you. I guarantee you will just love it!" (Not a brain in their head.)

But Mrs. Duffus, you will have to kill the animal to cook for me, right? Watch my mouth. That is the problem.

Just don't get me started. We do have a great wildlife preservation program, that is, considering we are in the smack dab middle of beef country. I understand hunters and fishing, but I don't like it.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I have lots of family in Oklahoma myself... I lived there half my life. Most of my family is in Pawnee, and I have a brother in Mustang...

I want to visit Tulsa again... I miss my friends there

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I went to school at OSU in Stillwater. I miss Oklahoma!

I worked for 3 1/2 years at the Hideaway in Tulsa. I see now they have really grown! Do you ever get to eat there? Best Pizza in the World!!
I am graduating from OU in December- yippeee!

We finally got a Hideaway down here a year or so ago. There pizza is really good, and I like all the different topping and sauce options.
A little expensive to eat very often, but like I need to eat pizza often.

My family lives in Norman and the Midwest City/Del City area mainly. I do have a few relatives in OKC too though.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
they have so many yummy veggies !!!! they don't blink when you order with no cheese, and 3 of the 5 different sauces are vegan!!! And the staff wears tie-dyes, and the stereo is always playing rock music, and the vibe is just FUN. If you ever go to the Harvard location in Tulsa, you'll see a large (4' x 24' ) collage in the main dining room made by ME!!!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
They have yummy pizza. I've only been to the OKC stores though, so I have yet to see Randy's masterpiece.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.