VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. But now I'm ready to post, so look out!

My name's Hope, from Florida, and I've been vegetarian for a year or so now. My long-lived carnival goldfish, Adam Herbert (big name, little fish), actually convinced me to go the veg route -- once I developed a (surprisingly strong) bond with him, there was no way I could ever eat fish again! And no fish led to no red meat, which led to no chicken, which led to...you get the gist. So here I am!

Anyway, I'm really happy to find the VB, and I look forward to talking with everyone! Have a great day!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi hopi100,

and finally you start posting! I'm sure you know how great this place is for veg*n (and non-veg) stuff. Just hang out here when you want, and post often!

p.s. Please say a big Thank you to Adam for converting you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I must admit, until recently the whole concept of "bonding with a fish" would have seemed ridiculous, even after going vegan.
But my roommates brought home a beta fish one day (in spite of my objections to keeping animals captive and encouraging the market). They named the fish and talked about his personality. But when they moved, they left him behind!

Fortunately our next roommate moved in immediately and had no objections to taking on an abandoned fish. He cleaned his aquarium and bought him some colorful lights and toys. He talked about how his fish loved to play in the bubbles, and dash through the lights. I thought he was nuts, too. But I realized that fish aren't as alien as I once thought, and that people CAN bond with fish (when HE moved out, he took Admiral Wilbur Ackbar with him). Your story is truly inspiring!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! You've made me feel right at home!
And thank you so much for your kind comments regarding Adam Herbert.

I'm looking forward to talking with all of you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.