VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my thread title says i think i have bed bugs. I need help asap i need to grt tid of them NOW what can i use thats animal friendly ( but not bed bug friendly). I was gonna use raid but then i looked and of course its tested on animals. Well if it kills bedbugs like they say it does i can only imagine what happens to the animals they test it on. So i need something asap thats not tested on animals. And please nobody get on here and tell me ima horible person for wanting to kil the bed bugs. They are a parasite and i wake every morning with huge welts all over me and they itch and its gross. They need to go

·
Registered
201 Posts
I hate to tell you this but I think this is one instance where you shouldn't be worried about finding a product that isn't tested on animals. I've never dealt with bed bugs before but I've heard that they are pretty resistant to treatment so it's best to have a professional come and spray for you. Hopefully someone else with some experience will chime in. I'm just going by what I've heard. Good Luck though!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't think there would be a product to kill bedbugs that hadn't been tested on animals. They have to be sure the product will work before they can sell it. It's horrible, but in cases like this, I'd just buy the one you already found. Maybe you could donate to an animal charity if that would appease your conscience a bit? You can't really carry on as you are, waking up covered in bites.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Have you thought about getting a new bed? I would be concerned about using a poison to kill the bugs because you will be sleeping in that poison (can't be good for you).

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading about bed bugs and they say its pointless to get rid of your bed and stuff because the bed bugs get in your carpet and stuff to so... Ic ant redo my entire room lol. And they get in your clothes and everything.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And trust me i dont want to use poison because a i dont like to kill things and b its all tested on animals it really sucks.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
I think that anything that will kill bedbugs will probably kill many other insects.

You're going to be making an insect genocide in your home.
Sorry.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
You need an exterminator. Bedbugs are very difficult to get rid of and you're right they get everywhere. Most of the time the exterminator has to come do multiple treatments in order to get rid of them.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
We got bedbugs in my last apartment. Luckily we had no carpets, but my roommate had to toss his favourite recliner. We steam cleaned the hell out of the apartment, washed ALL the laundry with hot water and sealed it in bags, steamed the mattresses and sprayed them with 90% alcohol, and bought zippered bedbug covers for all the mattresses. Even then I was still paranoid. We ended up moving out a few months later and I have since replaced my bed. The trouble with bedbugs is they can lie dormant a long time, and they don't come out in daylight. I was getting mauled at night for months before we finally discovered the culprit. I thought I had an allergy, I kept getting red bumps that itched like crazy and the doctors couldn't figure it out. We thought it might have been related to poison ivy at first because the whole incident occurred right after I took a long hike in the woods with my boyfriend. Very stressful. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I'm paranoid to take a vacation and stay in a hotel any more.

Do you have any idea how you got them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts