VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some girl just saw my "I'm not a nugget!" sticker on my notebook(I'm in school) and said- OH MY GOD! DO YOU HAVE ANYMORE I'M A VEGETARIAN!

...while she had a half eatened rice krispie treat in her hand.

so tempted to say something.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I kindly asked her if she knew about gelatin.
And we got to talking and she said she misses meat, but atleast she has ..........fish.
I'm done with the conversation, NOT trying to be the weirdo vegan girl who jumps down people's throats lol

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't people research >.<
seriously...I know of so many people who consider themselves a vegetarian and don't even know what gelatin is...enzymes...rennet..etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
People don't research.

I knew someone who said she was vegan despite the fact that she ate fish, turkey, and chicken. Despite my best efforts to enlighten her, she vehemently disagreed with me.

Apparently, vegans can eat fish, turkey, and chicken.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailFin View Post

People don't research.

I knew someone who said she was vegan despite the fact that she ate fish, turkey, and chicken. Despite my best efforts to enlighten her, she vehemently disagreed with me.

................no comment.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

don't people research >.<
seriously...I know of so many people who consider themselves a vegetarian and don't even know what gelatin is...enzymes...rennet..etc.
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Things like that just aren't on the radar for most people. If they stick with their vegetarianism they'll learn eventually. To me the important thing is that they do identify themselves as vegetarian, that's 90% of the battle as they've made the switch mentally the rest is just learning and then fully aligning their actions to their beliefs.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:

People don't research.

But, but they're not red meat, lol.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Gelatin is worthy of a post and a discussion but fish being living, breathing animals is not?

Why would you be being annoying if she was the one who approached you and shared her opinion?

Logic. Not. Computing.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Gelatin is worthy of a post and a discussion but fish being living, breathing animals is not?
I told her fish were animals =P then was done with the conversation meaning I do not have the time to explain correct everything.
she disagreed. fish aren't animals they are "sea creatures and scaly"

·
Registered
498 Posts
Unfortunately, some of the people I know (er... used to know) tended to treat fish as second class animals.

I still remember people being amazed at a study that found that fish feel pain.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Unfortunately, some of the people I know (er... used to know) tended to treat fish as second class animals.

I still remember people being amazed at a study that found that fish feel pain.
I think that mindset stems from fishing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

I think that mindset stems from fishing.
Definitely agree. Can't understand why they wouldn't feel pain...

Oh well. Can't argue with those folk. Just have to cut your losses and move on...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

What she calls herself isn't nearly as important as the fact that she no longer eats most animals.
I agree to a certain point. However, it's hard (at least for me) to overlook the fact that she's misconstruing vegetarianism.

If I were to call an SUV a truck, that would be the case.

But if I were to call a Muslim a Christian, that would not be the case.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I think that we should be very gentle with the nearly vegetarians and nearly vegans we meet and realize that they got pretty far without any help from us at all and there is a good chance they will keep going.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts