VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was prepping a pizza the other day and eating spoonful of peanut butter at the same time. Wasn't paying attention and almost dropped the PB onto the dough, and that got me thinking, hmm, wonder if I could pull off a pizza with PB as an ingredient. Haven't given the idea much thought since, but I was thinking maybe an Asian-style pizza with some kind of peanut sauce.
Will see if I can come up with something even crazier than that, though. But there, that's my odd combo, pizza and peanut butter.

Post about your weird food combination ideas here.
It can be cuisines mixed with other cuisines, or cuisines mixed with unlikely ingredients, or the unlikely pairing of ingredients... whatever. It can be just the idea, or it can be full recipes you've developed. And feel free to create something with other people's weird ideas, and to post pictures of the results!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I freeze Oreos and put chocolate syrup on them, but I don't think that's really unlikely, just uncommon, I guess, compared to pizza and peanut butter

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

There's a French cuisine called 'fries' that goes well with this tomato-y sauce called ketchup. It's a pretty good combination.
Lol! When I was an omni, I used to love fries and mayonnaise, and everyone thought I was crazy. I also liked dipping the fries in mayonnaise with a little bit of mustard mixed in, but I haven't gotten veganaise yet to continue doing this, so I stick with ketchup and mustard mixed together, and sometimes, when I feel too lazy to find the mustard or I'm out somewhere and don't want to ask for mustard, I just use ketchup.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
We had a thread just like this a few years back, that's how I got turned on to Baked Potatoes with A1

My weird food combos: Tortilla chips and vegan jel, Baked beans with Ruffles potatoes chips, and PB&J with Ruffles inside.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Mint and root beer. While at a family gathering, I was eating something very minty (a brownie with a mint creme on top) and went to drink a bit of my root beer... and it tasted really good. I had others who were there try the combo and they all agreed. I now go out of my way to have root beer around when I eat something minty. Root beer floats with mint ice cream is nice too.
I also grew up eating peanut butter and colby cheese sandwiches. A lot of people think it's gross, but none of them had actually tried them. It was my favorite sandwich. Also, French fries are awesome dipped in a mayo and ketchup mixture.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthWhispers View Post

Mint and root beer. While at a family gathering, I was eating something very minty (a brownie with a mint creme on top) and went to drink a bit of my root beer... and it tasted really good. I had others who were there try the combo and they all agreed. I now go out of my way to have root beer around when I eat something minty. Root beer floats with mint ice cream is nice too.
I also grew up eating peanut butter and colby cheese sandwiches. A lot of people think it's gross, but none of them had actually tried them. It was my favorite sandwich. Also, French fries are awesome dipped in a mayo and ketchup mixture.
I think if you search for recipes for homemade root beer, there is some sort of mint extract that is used in the mixture, that's assuming you are doing it from scratch and not just buying root beer extract. That may have something to do with the tastiness of your combination.

My boyfriend and I went to the local specialty beer store for one of their free tastings the other day, and we had beer floats with different kinds of stouts and vanilla ice cream. Very interesting and tasty.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are good.

I don't think 99% of what's in this thread is unusual or gross.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Chocolate ripple ice cream and tortilla chips.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well my breakfast this morning was cold (leftover) uncle ben's herb and wild rice with veganaise and tobasco sauce mixed in, a drizzle of low-sodium V8, sprinkled with onion salt. Yum!

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Well, it is unusual, in that you're the first person I've connected with who does this, still, it's not gross to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Does my vegan jel and tortilla chips fit int he 1%?

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

I'm really having craving for a slushie, chocolate, and french fries.
This reminds me of when I used to eat chocolate milkshakes or frosties and dipped my fries in them. It was really good!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts