VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Post View Post

Two pet stores in New York's West Village have banned people who may be under the influence of alcohol from buying pets. Le Petite Puppy manager, Fernanda Moritz, said patrons who leave nearby watering holes after happy hour wander into the store to gawk at and sometimes purchase the pups, according to DNAinfo. On at least one occasion, this had an almost fatal outcome.

Moritz said she sold a Chihuahua to a possibly drunk woman, who brought it back the next day almost dead. "We took it to the vet, and he found five pills in the dog's stomach," she said. Thankfully, the little guy survived.

Citipups has instituted a similar ban. Leandro Jacoby, the store's manager, prevents impulse buys by asking drunk customers to come back the next day to make their puppy purchase. Most don't.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...qCzH_blog.html

Good for them. However, I think it's only in a NYC thing since most pet stores here are closed long before happy hours.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
It's the least they can do. I mean, if they won't get the animals from shelters (or "reputable breeders"), if they won't neuter the animals or microchip them, if they won't verify addresses or require written permission from landlords, if they won't require a waiting period or responsible pet "ownership" educational requirement... The least they can do is prohibit drunk people from buying dogs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

It's the least they can do. I mean, if they won't get the animals from shelters (or "reputable breeders"), if they won't neuter the animals or microchip them, if they won't verify addresses or require written permission from landlords, if they won't require a waiting period or responsible pet "ownership" educational requirement... The least they can do is prohibit drunk people from buying dogs.
Exactly. Honestly, though, I've never heard of this particular problem. It's made of wtf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.