VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**Warning: You must have a sense of humor to enjoy this thread.

Some of the VWers will remember this. It's a means of support for those who feel guilty about indulging treats, of which I am a firm supporter of. The treats, that is. Not the guilt.

So, to help lift the spirits of those who taking their food too seriously, allow me to re-introduce this thread.

The rules are simple. We must find the nutritional benefits in all food. Even in full-fat cheese whiz (calcium, protein), french fries (vit c, fiber) and butter walnut and pecan pie (omega 3, protein, zinc).

Anyone interested in re-starting the crazy treat thread?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Of course I'd have to plug my all-time favorite -- nachos. (If you read my daily food log you know I have some form of nachos everyday) They're a complete & balanced meal. Tortillas (corn -- a vegetable), salsa (more veggies -- vit A and vit C), and beans (protein & iron I think)... And if you're lacto, throw on some cheese and there's some calcium. Not bad, eh?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nachos with jalapeno chemical cheese. You got your carbs, you got your protein and calcium, you got your veggies chock full of vitamin C - what more does a body need?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fruit-topped cheesecake (tofu cream cheese in my case) is nature's perfect food. You have your fruits (and therefore antioxidents, fiber, ands vitamin C), your protein and fats and calcium from the tofu or cheese, and some nice carbs in the crust.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
VEGAN CHOCOLATE! There have been studies done you know. Chocolate is actually quite good for your heart. Lowers your bad cholesterol, raises ceritonin levels in your brain. It has been shown that one should consume chocolate every day. I can't afford the good stuff every day, but I do try and indulge my body's chocolate requirement (needed for health) as often as possible. And actually I feel quite guilty about NOT getting my required chocolate. I mean, I'd hate to cause myself unnecessary health problems by not getting enough of the good stuff.

B

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Whole Soy Frozen Cultured Soy has Vitamin A, Calcium and Iron, and contains live active cultures so it's good for my digestion. Just the thing to finish off a meal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a total carb junkie. I like CHIPS.

I also LOVE Organica Double Fudge Chocolate chip cookies dipped in Vanilla Silk. Oh, Lord they are good (and VEGAN).

I usually eat the whole bag in a day. YUM.

I also like Tofutti Too-toos (the ice cream filled cookie one)- I'll eat a couple- even a few of those in a sitting.'

Veggie hot dogs.....yum yum.

I love soda. I went soda free for a while - now I am at my mom's (since I adopted a rather large dog on impulse and had to move out of my place) and there is soda there so...I indulge. I love soda.

I guess I've got a bit of "junkivore" in me.....hehehe

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
umm....... lemmie see......

Does watermelon count? I ate almost a half of one today. Vitamin C, lots of carbs and some fiber, and lets not forget those tasty tasty sugars

What about crackers (made with EB) I ate two batches today. Fat, good for the heart, fiber from the flour and somemore sugar for energizin!

Log Cabin Light Pancake Syrup. Thsi is kind of embarassing, but sometimes I like to "take a swig" from the bottle. That must have... umm... brown? Maybe the brown is from molasses. That would have iron? (I already know it is brown not from molasses but from carmel color)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
How about ketchup mustard and sweet&sour sauce, those are chauked full of lycopene, good digesting stuff and freeze dried bell peppers! Vitamin C!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
mmmmm, pizza..... ya got your grains (crust - that's a grain, surely! it came from wheat at one point...).. your fruits (tomato sauce!), your veggies (who doesn't love veggies on a pizza?), protein (soy pepperoni anyone?) and cheese or soy cheese (calcium, protein, b vitamins...) or nutritional yeast ((shudder))..

my family used to joke about this all the time - pizza: all 4 food groups in one serving
(this was, um, before the pyramid...)

·
Registered
507 Posts
How about... cereal (I use up a box in two days). Has almost all vit&min, fiber, carbs for energy, if you eat it with milk you have calcium, water (I need that, I don't nearly drink enough water), and some good unsaturated fat

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, if you eat a box in one sitting then that's considered a binge and everything I binge on is considered binge-food (= treat = don't-eat-too-much-of-it food)
I'll try harder!!

Uhm... the oatmeal applesauce cookies I made. They have fiber (soluble and insoluble), quick energy (simple carbs), vit C from the apples, calcium from the oats, potassium, is low sodium, has unsaturated fat, B vitamins, .... I think the list is too long, I'm getting tired of listing

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Let's see...

Twizzlers are fat free! (They also contain 30 calories per piece, all refined sugar... well, except a little molasses)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts